Echo & Alexa Forums

New echo

Benjibob43

New echo
« on: May 08, 2018, 03:47:29 am »
Bought my second echo the other day for my work place.  Turned on, got the ring but no sound, did set up but still no sound, reset and power cycle.... Guess what... No sound. Took it back to retailer after a troubleshooting session with amazon and lo and behold she piped up practically as soon as he turned it on. Took it back home, same problem. Does work through a Bluetooth speak and the ring does respond to commands. The only things that I can think of are that I use a shared Internet network (but don't know how this would affect it) and I had to use a different power lead (again, don't see how this would matter) it's driving me nuts! 🤪

strayfish

Re: New echo
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 04:55:04 am »
Did you use your home power lead at the shop or one of theirs? If it was theirs (and you say you had to use a different one at your workplace) that could be the problem. Are you using the one that came with the device?

asianrocker

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 07:26:59 am »
Okay I deduced you 2 are Brit seeing as you both understand the power lead is what we call adapter. LOL. I've to Google it and see pics of it on UK site.

But your problem has to do with office router setup specifically the security settings that had been discussed here years ago.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:28:39 am by asianrocker »

strayfish

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 07:49:57 am »
Okay I deduced you 2 are Brit seeing as you both understand the power lead is what we call adapter. LOL. I've to Google it and see pics of it on UK site.

But your problem has to do with office router setup specifically the security settings that had been discussed here years ago.

Ha - well I can't speak for Benjibob but you're right about me, asianrocker!

So Benjibob, back to the problem. I'm a bit confused now as to where this thing works and where it doesn't. At the shop - yes? At the workplace and also at home - no? And where is (or are) the shared network(s)?