Echo & Alexa Forums

Amerzon Dot Tune In

Bda

Amerzon Dot Tune In
« on: May 07, 2018, 10:12:04 am »
I can receive uk stations only via "tune in" .. but when I ask for an internet station that I know is on Tune in ..Alexa says I don't know that ... and will return me to my "last tune in station" which is a UK ILR or BBC station

How can I expand the stations on Tune in on Alexa /Tune in

AlanH

Re: Amerzon Dot Tune In
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 12:01:58 pm »
How are you requesting a station? See if this works as a test:
“Alexa, play Smooth Jazz Florida radio from TuneIn”.
This an internet station that is definitely accessible from TuneIn in the U.K. 

Bda

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 02:53:41 pm »
I have just tried "Alexa play Smooth Jazz Radio Florida from Tune In" ..Alexa said she cant play by genre on tune in .

I have tried other stations , and I get .............."something went wrong "

AlanH

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 03:01:32 pm »
The station is called “Smooth Jazz Florida”, and you need to add the word “radio” otherwise Alexa thinks you’re looking for a genre.
Here’s another internet station to try “Alexa, play Radio Paradise”.

mindmagic

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 06:02:30 am »
I never ask for Tunein; it's the default for all stations that are not on BBC, Global etc. If you want any other station, just ask for it by name. Try "play WQXR" - that's a New York classical music station. But you must get the station name exactly the way Alexa understands it; that's sometimes a challenge.

AlanH

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 06:14:55 am »
I never ask for Tunein; it's the default for all stations that are not on BBC, Global etc. If you want any other station, just ask for it by name. Try "play WQXR" - that's a New York classical music station. But you must get the station name exactly the way Alexa understands it; that's sometimes a challenge.
Try asking Alexa to play “Smooth Jazz Florida” or “Smooth Jazz Florida radio” and you’ll get smooth jazz from Spotify and smooth jazz from Amazon Music respectively. Add “...from TuneIn” and the correct radio station is played.

asianrocker

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 07:38:05 am »
I get the genre response too often too. I usually interchange "from" and "on" it still a hit or miss with this thing.

If all else fails just use Alexa app to play the station you like which I prefer lately since it shows what song is currently playing on each station.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:40:04 am by asianrocker »