Echo & Alexa Forums

Connect has wrong contact list

Connect has wrong contact list
« on: May 06, 2018, 09:37:54 am »
My wife is helping to setup my mother-in-law's Connect (along with a Dot and a Spot).  The Spot and Dot setup just fine using my MIL's iPhone 4S.  But the Connect would get hung up after asking for the WiFi password.  The Spot and Dot breezed through this just fine, it's just the Connect that wouldn't continue (after repeated tries, including repositioning it near where her existing Echo was located, in case it was a wifi coverage issue).

My wife logged into the Alex app on her phone, a Samsung S6, logged in using my MIL's account.  That successfully set up the Connect.  However it seems to have also imported my wife's contact list into the Connect, not my MIL's.

How do I best correct this?  How do I "un-pair" my wife's contact list from my MIL's account?

Bearing in mind that the only phone devices that are there are my wife's Samsung S6 and my MIL's iPhone 4S.  There's also my MIL's iPad 2, but I'm led to believe you can't do a Connect setup with anything other than a phone, right?

Offline jwlv

Re: Connect has wrong contact list
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 10:51:04 pm »
A great many people have been asking Amazon to let users add, delete, and edit their contacts in the Echo. So far Amazon has not been receptive to these requests. It appears that it's all or nothing. Either all your contacts from your phone is copied over, or none of it (if you deny access to your contact list to the Alexa app). And that's a real shame because that's the only reason I did not enable calling on my Echo devices. I don't want all my contacts to be available on my Echo devices. I only want a few certain ones that I can add manually.

Re: Connect has wrong contact list
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 10:29:06 am »
A great many people have been asking Amazon to let users add, delete, and edit their contacts in the Echo. So far Amazon has not been receptive to these requests. It appears that it's all or nothing. Either all your contacts from your phone is copied over, or none of it (if you deny access to your contact list to the Alexa app). And that's a real shame because that's the only reason I did not enable calling on my Echo devices. I don't want all my contacts to be available on my Echo devices. I only want a few certain ones that I can add manually.

So, no way at all to mass delete or otherwise uncouple contacts?  That's bad.