Echo & Alexa Forums

My Echo won’t play my music

rwillems01

My Echo won’t play my music
« on: May 04, 2018, 08:27:28 pm »
I have had my Echo for several years (I was an early adaptor).  It has streamed music and podcasts for hours on end. No problem.  This week I moved my Echo from my home to our summer cottage. It connected to our local network and responds as it has since I first got it, except....it no longer streams music (from my Amazon Prime Music account).  It does one of two things, either it plays 2-3 songs and stops. The second thing it will do is: I say Alexa play music.  Alexa responds by saying “shuffling music from your library”.  And then does nothing. Blue light goes out, nothing plays. This second symptom occurs sometimes after it plays a couple of songs and I try to restart it or sometimes randomly.  It most noticeably does this with Amazon Music but it has also done it with Pandora.

Did something change? This seems to have started coincidently with the recent changes to Amazon Music. Or does it have to do with moving my Echo?

mike27oct

Re: My Echo won’t play my music
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 11:03:54 pm »
just a guess:  I stream music from my home server in combp with Alexa and Plex, an online server.  I has worked fine for a couple of months until recently.  It just might be Alexa app, because the issue is with many Alexa devices in house.  The command I give is Alexa, ask Plex to play music and Plex selects random tracks from my NAS file server to play.  Same problem you have except my music is not from Amazon, but another source.  Maybe I will give Amazon a call about this after seeing your post.

rwillems01

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 07:27:54 am »
Thanks for the response. Very interesting!  On a whim last night, I downloaded a copy of MY MEDIA FOR AMAZON ALEXA and tied my laptops music files (about 40 files) into my media.  My media linked to my Echo and when I ask “Alexa ask My Media to play music”, I got to usual “Shuffling Music from My Media” but then nothing.  No music, no blue light. It just stalled. Your supposition that it may be something with the Alexa App may be right on.  Let me know what you here from Amazon tech support.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2018, 02:28:06 pm »
Interesting.  I can get things playing if it acts up.  So, next yours does, try this:  say, Alexa resume: and it starts being audible shortly after the first few moments of the track.  It's as if it was in pause mode.  If you can get it to work like this, too, It really does appear the Alexa app is the culprit.