Echo & Alexa Forums

Ultimate Voice-Controlled Jukebox

heathkits

Ultimate Voice-Controlled Jukebox
« on: May 01, 2018, 03:35:38 pm »
Alexa is the heart of an Ultimate Voice-Controlled Jukebox. Through it's wired output, Alexa provides awesome fidelity into an audio mixer that drives 3 JBL pro audio amplified speakers. Each left and right channel JBL-PRX825W speaker provides 1500 watts at peak and the JBL-PRX825w subwoofer can provide nearly 2000 watts intermittently. Alexa's audio extends below 25hz - enough to keep the subwoofer happy. The system is installed in a 25,000 cu ft room in a private home.

Inexpensive SONOFF Wifi activated switches to control power to create a fully voice-controlled system. The system requires three ac mains circuits to deliver adequate power to the 3 internally amplified speakers. This requires 3 wifi activated switches, one for each speaker. The Alexa "Smart Home Fan" skill drives eWelink commands singly to each speaker, or as a group. The power can also be controlled from a smartphone as well.

In the configuration, a user speaks "Alexa - turn on speakers". Then Alexa turns on all three powered speakers and then responds "OK" through the speakers to acknowledge the command. Using Amazon Music Unlimited (or Spotify, I-Heart, etc), Alexa can then play any one of thousands of Internet music selections on voice command. When the session is over, "Alexa - turn off speakers" shuts the system down. This enables true, hands-free music on demand.

mike27oct

Re: Ultimate Voice-Controlled Jukebox
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 05:19:04 pm »
Nice, but not what I would consider the "Ultimate Voice-Controlled Jukebox", because one needs to go further than having a powerful stereo and using costly online music services.  People who already have a large personal digital music collection mostly want to hear their own music, and control it via Alexa if they know how.  This is how it is done, and it is playing my music right now; not on my big stereo this time, but instead on a portable Amazon Tap:

http://www.echotalk.org/index.php?topic=3323.0

heathkits

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 09:01:42 pm »
The operative term here is "Jukebox". I never saw a jukebox, where you could install or connect to your own music?!?
As for expensive music services, Amazon's Music Unlimited for Echo is a whole $4/month; that is hardly expensive. As for playing my own music and video collectiion, that is what the laptop next to my echo is for.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 11:18:31 pm »
Well, you obviously did not get it.  A jukebox plays what you want to hear if the record is in the Jukebox. I can tell Alexa to play such and such tune, artist, or just ask it to play music and it will play random music tracks from my home server one tune after the other.  If that ain't a jukebox, I don't know what is. 
I have heard that Spotify service costs $10 or more per month, is better than Amazon as it can be played from more than just Amazon devices.  Check it out.  and BTW, playing music on (or from) a computer is "so yesterday".
Over and out.

asianrocker

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 07:34:49 pm »
OP were you born yesterday?  :o that is like so years ago.

heathkits

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 11:41:25 pm »
I was not aware that this forum was a submission port for the USPTO. My purpose was to stimulate conversation and ideas, and perhaps suggestions for improvement. Yet, apparently there are trolls on every blog, who unfortunately substitute their own need for ego enhancement, for general enlightenment of the group. .

mike27oct

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 01:40:38 am »
Just so you know, OP, I told you of another way for Alexa to be a jukebox, and you barfed all over my comments which were trying to be helpful, so it works both ways around here, Pal.

heathkits

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 01:45:38 am »
So stipulated - you are the troll that owns this blog.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2018, 09:26:57 am »

This is a jukebox. Some diners, such as Johnny Rockets (a retro 60's style restaurant) still have them. Go check it out and grab a nice juicy burger and a shake while you're there. It's good stuff.

asianrocker

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 07:33:14 am »
I was just mainly pointing out that, that is what most people did with echo the very first thing it was released. And obviously you just found out about it, thus, my question. And it had been discussed here years ago.

And when your voice get tired you can use your fingers instead and play any songs you like in Alexa app or any music app.

I seen so many threads today about voice command play not working right.

People forget they do have fingers to play those station from Alexa app or something?

Most people also don't read my helpful posts. Their loss. LOL.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 07:56:54 am by asianrocker »