Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

get 2 Alexa Echo Show devices to show 2 different calendars & access Nest camera

prest@prest.biz

I am having trouble with getting two Alexa Echo Show devices to work the way that I need to. One is for me and one is for my wife. I would like my Echo Show to be able to access my contacts and calendar from GMAIL and access my Nest Hello doorbell camera as well. I would like my wife’s Echo Show to be able to access her Microsoft Outlook email and calendar from iCloud and access the Nest Hello doorbell camera as well.
As a bit of background, I have 3 Nest thermostats, 3 Nest Smoke/CO alarms, one Nest camera and one Nest Hello doorbell camera. In addition to the two Alexa Show devices, I have 2 Alexa Echo Dots, one Echo first generation and one Echo second generation and one Sonos One speaker. Everything is setup on my FiOS WiFi home network.
Right now, I have my wife as part of my Household. I can switch profiles/accounts verbally. Using my profile, I can access my calendar and the Nest Hello doorbell camera from my profile/account. However, using my wife’s profile/account, she sees my calendar and can’t access the Nest Hello doorbell camera.
I cannot figure how to allow my wife’s Echo Show to access the Nest Hello doorbell using her profile/account. Nor can I figure out to get her Echo Show to access her calendar and contacts and not see my calendar and contacts.
It is very frustrating given how much money I have invested and how many hours I have spent trying to make this work. I must ask if there is a solution to my problems. I must also ask if it is possible to have two totally separate accounts; one for my Echo Show and one for my wife’s Echo Show. Is this possible and would it allow her Echo Show to see her calendar and contacts and access the Nest Hello doorbell? And would that be possible on our FiOS WiFi network. Note that I am reluctant to remove her from our household account because I would not be able to add her back for 180 days.