Echo & Alexa Forums

Audio playback stops randomly

Kamakzie

Audio playback stops randomly
« on: March 03, 2016, 08:15:49 pm »
I created a white noise sound at night that I uploaded to my Amazon cloud. It's 12 hours of white noise. Anyways most nights it plays through the night, however lately it's stopping on its own in the middle of the night waking me up. Alexa will say playback error or something to that effect. I checked my Internet connection and it's not going down or anything. Any idea why it would stop playing? I usually tell her to play my playlist and it continues on and I go back to sleep right away but it's rather irritating.

Offline jwlv

Re: Audio playback stops randomly
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 08:22:23 pm »
That type of thing has been going on since I got my first Echo almost a year ago. It still happens from time to time.
Just this afternoon, I asked Echo to play my playlist. It played 1 song and stopped. No errors, nothing. I asked Echo to play the same playlist again, it played 3 songs and stopped. Most of the time, it would play the very same playlist for hours until I tell Echo to stop.

Kamakzie

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 08:39:26 pm »
So I guess it's just a glitch I will have to live with. I had to reboot my echo the other day because when I called the wake word it showed a red ring and said to ask later LOL

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 11:06:52 pm »
It's also possible that you have a weak wireless signal at the location that is marginal and has drop-outs.  If you have an Android device, install Wi-Fi Analyzer app on it and you can see the signal strength , and if it drops too low of strength, that lets you know you have a weak signal sometimes.  Watching the strength meter for too long is like watching grass grow.  It can take a while to get a good reading..

Kamakzie

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 11:46:53 pm »
Well the router is 10 feet away or so. I don't think it should be a signal issue. It's really bizarre.

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 03:13:42 am »
Agree, so maybe it is caused by sun spots, or a myriad of other things.  Maybe it is not wireless interference at all,  Maybe Alexa just takes a break back at the Mother Ship once in a while.  She's probably sick and tired of listening to white noise for more than a few moments at a time.  :D

Kamakzie

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2016, 03:15:29 am »
LOL could be..