Echo & Alexa Forums

Why do so many Cdns have problems???

cybercat

Why do so many Cdns have problems???
« on: April 22, 2018, 09:08:09 pm »
Purely for curiosity sake ... all but one of my echos were bought off Kijiji, some reg'd US, others Canada ... why do so many people have issues setting them up? I have two echo shows, one echo spot and four dots ... while some need to be deregistered and / or reg'd to USA, then back to Canada and a forced update it isn't that complicated ... again just curious. I do know a rotten internet connection causes loads of issues however that's a different deal .... again, just curious ....

tanya

Offline jwlv

Re: Why do so many Cdns have problems???
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 09:13:01 pm »
That's your problem. Don't buy Echo devices from a third party. You don't know where they are registered to originally. You should be buying it from Amazon directly. For Canada that would be amazon.ca.

Mike echo

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 10:25:57 pm »
It’s the liberals

cybercat

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 07:53:15 pm »
That's your problem. Don't buy Echo devices from a third party. You don't know where they are registered to originally. You should be buying it from Amazon directly. For Canada that would be amazon.ca.

I have zero issue with USA or Cdn devices, dead simple, to me. But I read post after post that could have been easily remedied if the user had known ... thanks

cybercat

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 07:55:03 pm »
It’s the liberals
Gone are the days of the Rhyno party!  ;D

Alexa in Canada

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 03:41:20 pm »
Thanks for the question and the joke replies. As far as I can tell their is no difference in the hardware, regardless of where it is purchased. The issue (as raised in other posts) is that Amazon.ca provides a different set of code and supported skills in Canada than Amazon.com does in the US. Canadian buyers, buy it thinking they are going to get what they see advertised or discussed and then find out they can't get it.

As we have said in other places, I don't know why Amazon thinks that Canadians need a different offering when, other technology providers don't have the same restrictions.

kitley

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2018, 04:39:54 pm »
Purely for curiosity sake ... all but one of my echos were bought off Kijiji, some reg'd US, others Canada ... why do so many people have issues setting them up? I have two echo shows, one echo spot and four dots ... while some need to be deregistered and / or reg'd to USA, then back to Canada and a forced update it isn't that complicated ... again just curious. I do know a rotten internet connection causes loads of issues however that's a different deal .... again, just curious ....

tanya

I purchased Echo Plus a few weeks ago...from Canada, and I live in Canada.  I had to call Amazon as somehow I ended up with two Amazon accounts.  The girl had to fix this, so she helped me set it up as well.  I had  previosly found and saved my Wifi, then it could not locate it again.  She had to fix something on her end, and it worked.  I asked if I had done something wrong and she said no??????  It really is not problem getting help...I just pressed the button and they phoned me right back.