Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Skills and Oldtimers

Skills and Oldtimers
« on: March 28, 2016, 12:28:34 pm »
So... I can't ever remember the skills that I have enabled for Alexa.  Is there a commnad that can get Alexa to list them for me orally?

DParker

Re: Skills and Oldtimers
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 01:00:33 pm »
So... I can't ever remember the skills that I have enabled for Alexa.  Is there a commnad that can get Alexa to list them for me orally?

Not currently.  The best you can do is open the skills in the Echo app and filter on "Your Skills".

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 04:06:36 pm »

Not currently.  The best you can do is open the skills in the Echo app and filter on "Your Skills".

That is what I feared...  Be a nice feature as it is hard to remember a bunch of different, specific phrases.

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 06:17:35 pm »

That is what I feared...  Be a nice feature as it is hard to remember a bunch of different, specific phrases.

and that is why I do not use skills - me getting old and just don't remember as well as I used to. 

DParker

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 06:35:09 pm »
Well....the good news, in a perverse sort of way...is that the vast majority of skills currently available aren't worth remembering anyway.  :-\

Though it was fun ordering pizza by voice without using the phone, I will say.

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 06:39:15 pm »
Well....the good news, in a perverse sort of way...is that the vast majority of skills currently available aren't worth remembering anyway.  :-\

Though it was fun ordering pizza by voice without using the phone, I will say.

Now that would be something I would remember.  ;-)

DParker

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 07:13:57 pm »
Now that would be something I would remember.  ;-)

http://www.cnet.com/news/amazon-echo-can-order-delivery-from-dominos-for-the-super-bowl/

I don't even really like Domino's...but who can pass up trying that at least once?

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 09:40:29 pm »
I heard Dominos has improved?  Might be worth a try.  The only skill i use and remember is Ask the Bartender.

stusviews

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 02:00:57 am »
There are three and only three places in the world where you can get great pizza wherever you walk in, New York City, Chicago and Italy. Your location may have a great pizza parlor.

I've never seen a great pizza chain store. If you have a great pizza place in your area, then you know what I mean  ;)

roadbug

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 02:33:34 am »
Reading through this thread it got me to thinking.  It would be good to make a skill that you could ask Alexa what her skill set was and further if asked about a specific skill to tell you how to invoke and control said skill.  As more and more skills come along and are added to Alexa's skill set it will become more and more difficult to remember all the various commands. If you could ask Alexa to help you with what she knows and how to invoke/control her skills it would be very helpful as Alex gets more complex and controls more. 

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 08:29:12 am »
Reading through this thread it got me to thinking.  It would be good to make a skill that you could ask Alexa what her skill set was and further if asked about a specific skill to tell you how to invoke and control said skill.  As more and more skills come along and are added to Alexa's skill set it will become more and more difficult to remember all the various commands. If you could ask Alexa to help you with what she knows and how to invoke/control her skills it would be very helpful as Alex gets more complex and controls more.

I couldn't agree more!

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 08:30:38 am »
There are three and only three places in the world where you can get great pizza wherever you walk in, New York City, Chicago and Italy. Your location may have a great pizza parlor.

I've never seen a great pizza chain store. If you have a great pizza place in your area, then you know what I mean  ;)

I tend to agree (even though, oddly, Michigan is the Pizza chain king) that is why I bought a brick pizza oven last year.

DParker

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 08:50:45 am »
There are three and only three places in the world where you can get great pizza wherever you walk in, New York City, Chicago and Italy.

And even then, American pizza and Italian pizza are two completely different beasts, and don't even belong in the same category.  It might be culinary heresy to say such things, but pizza is the one imported dish that we actually improved on compared with the original.

leehop71

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016, 01:09:29 pm »
Years ago, there was a Godfather's Pizza place that was pretty good, but I think they shut down!!!  It had all the toppings inside and the cheese melted over them on top.

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 01:27:17 pm »
...the Pizza you can't refuse.