Echo & Alexa Forums

Routines have been updated

Bandageboyz

Routines have been updated
« on: April 13, 2018, 03:27:01 pm »
Noticed today that the Echo in the UK has now got the additional routine features including music and volume. About time too.

Just a shame that Amazon take so long to add new functions after they have been deployed in the US.

greatcapp

Re: Routines have been updated
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 11:33:38 am »
I'm still waiting for the ability to control Logitech Harmony.

I would like to be able to say "Alexa, I'm up" to turn on my lounge lights, start up the TV and switch to Sky News.

Hopefully, one day.

stocklen

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 05:50:30 am »

I would like to be able to say "Alexa, I'm up" to turn on my lounge lights, start up the TV and switch to Sky News.

Hopefully, one day.

You can, and have been able to for ages.

I have a routine called 'Television Time', and it turns on the lounge lights (to TV mode), and runs my harmony 'turn on sky' activity.

Jerome

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 03:26:29 am »
Now we're just waiting for Amazon to add the "Stop music" option, obviously...  ::)
This would be much appreciated for basic routines such as "Alexa, good night"

greatcapp

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 06:21:15 am »

Hopefully, one day.

You can, and have been able to for ages.

I have a routine called 'Television Time', and it turns on the lounge lights (to TV mode), and runs my harmony 'turn on sky' activity.

Ohhh, just checked again, and it now seems like I should be able to do it. Will try once I get home.

Thanks for letting me know.

GaryM

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 07:02:28 am »
Are anyone else's routines a bit glitchy?  Once in a while mine just don't run.  Not sure if it's the Echo unit or the software.

StevenR

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 11:03:22 am »
Are anyone else's routines a bit glitchy?  Once in a while mine just don't run.  Not sure if it's the Echo unit or the software.

When I had a routine running at 6:00 AM as my alarm (found it more flexible than just a music alarm) I found it would sometimes run late or not at all. I decided to change it to run 1 minute later at 6:01 AM and I haven't had a problem since.
I don't know if it was conflicting with a built-in schedule (update checks, etc) or it was just coincidence and it was just updating the routine which fixed it.

GaryM

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 03:54:55 am »

When I had a routine running at 6:00 AM as my alarm (found it more flexible than just a music alarm) I found it would sometimes run late or not at all. I decided to change it to run 1 minute later at 6:01 AM and I haven't had a problem since.
I don't know if it was conflicting with a built-in schedule (update checks, etc) or it was just coincidence and it was just updating the routine which fixed it.

Ah, glad to know it's not just mine then.  Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go.