Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa shopping list

bill0845

Alexa shopping list
« on: April 11, 2018, 09:42:01 am »
This just started happening.  I add items to my shopping list either by talking to Alexa or entering them manually in the Android app.  The added item will show up on my phone's shopping list and within a second will disappear.  If I add them to another list I created, like grocery, they will show and stay. Any idea how to fix this?

impossiblegirl75

Re: Alexa shopping list
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 10:29:21 pm »
I'm having this same problem! And it doesn't seem to be just the app. If I add something to the list via the website it deletes it off too, so it seems to be a programming error in the list itself.

dustin91

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 12:17:38 pm »
Same here! Only noticed it happening within the last two days or so, and it's affecting the app on both my wife's phone and mine, and the Alexa itself. Restarted my iPhone 8+ to no avail.

dustin91

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 12:24:37 pm »
So I just noticed our app shows a "My Grocery List", under "My Lists". Neither my wife nor I remember adding this manually, but it does seem to be working, remembering the items and not instantly deleting them!

Seems to be a good fix while they figure out what's going on with the default app.

chocoshatner

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 02:13:37 pm »
I just hung up with Echo Support. The rep said they knew it was a known issue, but as far as she knew, nothing had been done via tech support. She said she'd add my name to the customer list with the issue with the hope that the more names they add to the list, the faster tech support will address the issue.

So if you're having the issue, definitely contact support so tech will actually do something.

goldiegirl3

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 03:07:02 pm »
I'm having the same issue as everyone else.  I add something to my shopping list and it immediately deletes it. I created  in "My Lists" Shopping List.  I have to manually type things in there for it to stay, but she wont recognize that "created list" either.  Glad I found this forum, it was driving me nuts!  I recently upgraded my iPhone so was wondering if that was the issue, but it seems to be on Amazon's side.  Also, I heard about "My grocery list", the app, maybe I'll have to go d/l that to get it to work in Alexa.  I dont have the tech support number, anyone have it handy so I can add my name on the list too?  Thanks!