Echo & Alexa Forums

Is there a way to get Alexa to stop saying OKAY?

Musicman

Is there a way to get Alexa to stop saying OKAY?
« on: April 10, 2018, 04:40:45 pm »
I’ve programmed the echo to beep at the beginning and end of an interaction, and it is enough...I have come to find the OKAY annoying.

Re: Is there a way to get Alexa to stop saying OKAY?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 05:30:45 pm »
what is your point, are you going to post every setting change you make?

Musicman

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 10:27:44 am »
I guess I misunderstand the point of this forum.  I thought it was for trying to understand the finer points of the device.  Is it not a legitimate question to try and understand how to turn off the OKAY function.  Where should I have directed the question?   Thanks for your help.

Mike echo

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 09:52:10 pm »
I’ve programmed the echo to beep at the beginning and end of an interaction, and it is enough...I have come to find the OKAY annoying.

How did you do This?

AlanH

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 03:25:16 am »
Settings > Device (eg. Echo) > Sounds > Request Sounds

Warpath120

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 06:29:56 am »
Had to make an account just for this post

three fast points

The brief mode seems to be capable of disabling the ok feature but is not in the states as far as I'm aware at least I cant find it in the settings and trust me I have been looking like a mad men

The original question is straight to the point, why do I need sound responses if it does not overwrite the annoying OKAY, which in it self is a sound response, you cant tell me they design this setting thinking "you know what Alexa shouting OKAY just does not cut it, what if we add a beep at the end and the anoying shouting." come on now.

Lastly, second comment lad, you are just being rude, you know it, not cool, poster does not need to apologize for that kind of behavior
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 06:33:00 am by Warpath120 »

asianrocker

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2018, 07:06:23 am »
Yes there is a brief mode now or I don't know what it's called. I saw it on my app months ago. But the OP seem to do it himself. Good for him.

Well my echo does not only respond to okay I use a custom reply to it so it's way longer than the ok response. LOL. I like it though.

Warpath120

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 08:11:19 am »
Yes there is a brief mode now or I don't know what it's called. I saw it on my app months ago. But the OP seem to do it himself. Good for him.

Well my echo does not only respond to okay I use a custom reply to it so it's way longer than the ok response. LOL. I like it though.

Sadly that's not the case the request sound will only add a beep to the beginning of the request and at the end but ony IF you have brief mode on does it make it into an alternative, without the brief mode you add a beep to the end of the request or the beginning or both

Computer [request sounds allow you to insert a beep here if you want to know shes listening] power down lab [ request sound also allows you to toggle a end beep]

Computer "beep' power down lab "beep"
BUT since we don't have a brief mode out still we get a beep and after 0.2 seconds she then screams out her signature OK

Computer "beep' power down lab "beep"  OK

asianrocker

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 03:00:50 pm »
I'm in US. It's in voice or audio response. It's way down in settings menu under general. It's there I just tried it. No okay. or beeps before or after. Just a barely sound tone. after she does what you ask to do. Don't know why you can't find it.

I turned the brief mode off  again though. I prefer to hear okay, OK? Is that ok? LOL.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 03:08:53 pm by asianrocker »