Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa not finding playlist

Apinkraven

Alexa not finding playlist
« on: April 07, 2018, 11:08:43 am »
Hi all.  I use my Alexa mainly for music. I have a “favourites” playlist on Amazon which I shuffle all the time by saying “Alexa, shuffle my playlist favourites” and on it comes in a random order. 

However, today when I’ve asked her to play it I’m getting the response “I cannot find any playlists”. 

I’ve tried unplugging her to start her again but still she’s not finding my playlist.  Is this a temporary glitch or is there a fix?

Thank you xxxx

john4138

Re: Alexa not finding playlist
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 12:49:09 pm »
I've got the same problem, I started the Echoplan yesterday but it's the full unlimited until after the trial and I asked Alexa to create a playlist and I put a few tracks in ok using voice but today the playlist wasn't found. I asked Alexa to create a different one and that was ok, she repeated the correct one but when I asked to add a track to it she said I can't find it. So I asked her to create it again and she said she can't because it already exists. I was hoping I could make a playlist just for the cheaper echoplan and ask for tracks to be added, I'm not sure if it can be done on the cheaper plan. I can easily do it from another device running the app but I still should be able to do it with voice commands as I am on the unlimited trial.

Apinkraven

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 05:35:28 pm »
I have music unlimited and not in any trial.  Had Alexa for nearly a year and she’s always played the playlists without problem.  I’m hoping this is a temporary thing

CatieHeart

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 01:25:09 pm »
Hey guys...
My Echo 4th was also being difficult, and I did everything, yall mentioned, too! Nothing! I finally got it working just by changing the name of my playlists, mostly just adding 'my' to the Name of the Playlist. I have one called nursery...and added 'my' and it worked.... I don't question it...I'm just glad it's back. Change the names, it really worked. I know most of us say "my" before we state Playlist...but putting that Into the Playlist Name...just worked. By the way...use the Amazon Music App to Edit Playlists Name. Hope this helps.