Echo & Alexa Forums

Stop. Why won’t she stop?

Hobart

Stop. Why won’t she stop?
« on: April 06, 2018, 10:05:48 am »
I got my first echo over a year and a half ago. I now have that and 5 dots littered around my home covering lights to heating and other than a few teething troubles it’s all worked fine.

Until a few days ago.

Alexa has stopped responding to ‘Stop’. Sounds simple but with music playing I say ‘Alexa stop’ the ring flashes, it mutes for a second as always and then carries on playing. I get louder.....no change. I get closer........no change. Inevitably I end up pulling the plug.

If it was one device I’d suspect a microphone issue, but it’s on all of them. It’s never happened before.

Anyone got any ideas, all I can think of is a buggy update, which hopefully gets update before I throw one of them out of a window.

Mozza

Re: Stop. Why won’t she stop?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 04:03:25 am »
Yes, same issue here (UK) with Radio playback

Started happening 3 days ago

Have contacted Amazon support twice but so far they haven't a clue.  I agree with you it has to be a recent software update.

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 04:13:11 pm »
Volume too loud is usually the problem.  Next time just say Alexa shut up and she likely will stop.  Sometimes we need to be stern with the device!  Maybe it is the two-word command.

Mozza

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 05:42:19 am »
Nope, tried different volume levels, shut up and other commands, the STOP command is successfully received as it is displayed in the Alexa app > history, but she won't respond to it.

Jerome

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 07:58:49 am »
Same here 3 days ago on a Dot.
Ended up unplugging/replugging the thing...