Echo & Alexa Forums

Silly Amazon Review Guidelines

Offline jwlv

Silly Amazon Review Guidelines
« on: February 29, 2016, 08:30:18 pm »

I wonder which part of the guidelines I need to work on. Maybe they think "Fram" is a dirty word.
Oh well, I'm not going to bother with it.

mike27oct

Re: Silly Amazon Review Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 11:25:54 pm »
Amazon reviews, aren't they something?  I am not knocking most of the reviews; I am glad for the detail in some of them.  Apparently though,  some people have made it a full-time "hobby" of writing Amazon reviews about everything they buy, including the most common place and inane products around.  Just last week when speaking with a friend about this kind of thing, and the product reviews we had seen that could have been better left unsaid, he mentioned sea salt; imagine, reviews about sea salt.

Time to kill?  Write a review about anything for Amazon. (For that matter, place a comment on this forum!)   :D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 04:50:00 am by mike27oct »

fstbusa

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 08:27:58 am »
maybe they get paid to write reviews.....  :o

ScarlettPhoenix

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 11:19:50 am »
maybe they get paid to write reviews.....  :o

I don't think they get paid but certain merchants offer severely reduced prices on upcoming products for their most loyal reviewers to try. 

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 02:37:43 pm »
there are professional reviewers out there that are paid to give reviews.  Last year amazon sued four website reviewing services who sold reviews to companies that sold products on Amazon and other online stores.   

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 11:49:37 pm »
Oh, really?   ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)  !!!  We all know that all reviews are true and honest, just like anything we read on the Internet is true!  ;)

Interesting though, that Amazon caught them red-handed.