Echo & Alexa Forums

sms on alexa app

vinotinto

sms on alexa app
« on: March 20, 2018, 03:39:00 pm »
Hello, i bought an Alexa and downloaded the latest app off the play store onto my samsung galaxy phone. I want to be able to send sms messages. I have followed the instructions i have found on the internet to enable sms, but on my screen there is no sms option button? All i have is my mobile number, then underneath is permissions, which says allow drop in, which is on, there is no caller id or sms option as is shown on the tutorial. What am i missing?

Offline jwlv

Re: sms on alexa app
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 02:36:29 am »
What you are missing is being physically in the United States.  This is a US only feature right now. 

Jerome

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 04:19:23 am »
What you are missing is being physically in the United States.  This is a US only feature right now.
I don't think you need to be "physically" in the US : if you configure your devices with an Amazon US account (instead a UK account), I think you could access this feature.

I live in France with US-configured Echos but I don't own an iPhone or an Android to confirm this sms feature.
I only have an iPad with the US Alexa app and the drop-in feature within my household works just fine :)

vinotinto

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 04:53:36 am »

ah, that explains it thanks  ;D ;)