Echo & Alexa Forums

shopping list

victorytea

shopping list
« on: February 28, 2016, 01:51:29 pm »
Once you make a shopping list on ECHO, how do you print it?

Re: shopping list
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2016, 02:34:51 pm »
I've seen a recipe that will print using IFTTT.  I personally had to use an IFTTT recipe so it can text the shopping list so I can read it on my smartwatch as I shop. 

leehop71

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 03:10:27 pm »

Since I always have my phone with me, I just shop right off the app on my phone.  You can check them off as you put them in your cart, and delete them as well.

That way I can never forget the grocery list, unless I forget my phone.

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 04:50:00 pm »

Since I always have my phone with me, I just shop right off the app on my phone.  You can check them off as you put them in your cart, and delete them as well.

That way I can never forget the grocery list, unless I forget my phone.

one of the problems with using the phone is a lot of users lose the ability to connect the echo app when inside the store.  The circle just keeps spinning and spinning and spinning...and never log in.  I also had this problem at times.  That is why I originally started using ifttt to email my shopping list whenever I ask alexa what is on my shopping list.  Though sometimes it takes a while, I would have it when in the store.  Then I got the watch and it made things so easy  :-)  It would be better if amazon echo had a shopping list widget instead of having to open the app to see what is on it. 

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 02:18:36 am »
OK, that's also true, so it made me think, why not check the shopping list before walking out of range of cell or Wi-Fi, and take a screenshot of shopping list showing on Alexa app; too long, just scroll down and take another screenshot.  One has essentially "printed" the shopping list and no trees were harmed in the process, either. 
I have been in stores like Costco where no radio frequency can penetrate those massive walls of that enclosure.

Floridadomer

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 10:17:10 am »
I am using the IFTTT recipe to send each items from my shopping list the Wunderlist app. The app hides the items when you check it off but you can go back to add it back easily. The only downfall is after you cross off an item, it doesn't sync back with the echo shopping list.

henryr10

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2016, 10:37:30 am »
I always open the Phone App/List BEFORE I enter the store.
Seems to help. Delete Items as they hit the cart.
Wild thing is now I always have to double check the List before I hit the checkout.
My partner was baking and she was adding ingredients for me to get while I was there.
I had to text her to ask if She was done.  ;)

EugB

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 06:45:39 pm »
I am using the IFTTT recipe to send each items from my shopping list the Wunderlist app. The app hides the items when you check it off but you can go back to add it back easily. The only downfall is after you cross off an item, it doesn't sync back with the echo shopping list.

My wife and I do this since we had already been using Wunderlist for grocery lists.

Once in a while I delete all the items from Alexa's list.  But we never view it so it's not really an issue.

ScottinPollock

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2016, 05:12:37 pm »
I wish the folks at Bring would create a skill for Echo to add items to it.