Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Limited Playing Time

steveeyes

Limited Playing Time
« on: March 18, 2018, 06:18:40 pm »
Hello

I'm new here. I'm also kind of new with Alexa even though I jumped all in. When I got my first Alexa a few weeks ago I was really amazed so I  bought 5 more. So I have a total of 6 Alexas (the regular ones...not the dots).

My plan was to group them. I also have a subscription to Unlimited Music (Family Plan).

So now here is why I got 6. I have an office and waiting room in my home (I do physical therapy from my house). I grouped 2 alexas and put in the waiting room - grouped 2 and put in my office (don't use for music but office tasks) - and the other 2 are grouped and in my house's living room

So basically I'm taking advantage of grouping and the Multi-room feature of Alexa.

My question is, is Alexa playing time limited? For example, if I tell my waiting room group to play soft rock I want it to play continuously. However, when working with a patient in my office, I notice after a few hours when I go to the waiting room that Alexa is not playing. So I have to tell it to play soft rock music again.

I have no idea when it stops playing since it happens while I'm in the office with a patient.

I called the amazon folks and it turned into a battle of it being an Unlimited Music problem v.s. an Alexa (device) problem. Since there was a blame game between the two tech departments I got nowhere.

So I ask experience Alexa people, and especially if you subscribe to Unlimited Music, is there a limit to how long the music will play on Alexa?

For example I tell it to play soft rock music, I have a hard time believing that there is not enough soft rock music to play for hours, if not all day. But Echo Tech support says there is a limit to how long it plays. When talking to the Music Unlimited people I get the opposite response that music is unlimited so it must be an echo device problem (hard to believe there is a problem with all 6).

Any thoughts

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 06:20:57 pm by steveeyes »

Re: Limited Playing Time
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 06:34:43 pm »
I am beginning to think streaming music through the echo is becoming more like netflix.  they don't want to stream unless someone is listening.  netflix will stop the stream if you are binge watching shows unless you click to continue every couple of episodes. 

Lately I have seen more and more questions like yours here and in other forums.  Not sure if there is a good answer at this time.

Laurel

Re: Limited Playing Time
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 07:13:08 pm »