Echo & Alexa Forums

“Alexa says” in Alexa routines

Scm53

“Alexa says” in Alexa routines
« on: March 15, 2018, 02:57:24 pm »
I have an issue I just can’t seem to resolve.  I have two Echos and one Echo Dot.  I just set up a routine in the Alexa app called “bedtime” with three steps: turn off the TV via Harmony, turn off a smart-socket lamp, and have Alexa say “Sweet Dreams”.  The routine works perfectly when I say “Alexa, bedtime” via the Dot.  But if I trigger it from either of the two Echos, it turns off the TV and lamp, but does NOT say “Sweet Dreams” (or any other phrase I’ve selected).  There is no voice response at all.

I realize this isn’t the end of the world, just a glitch that is driving my crazy.  Any suggestions?  I’ve rebooted the Echos, deleted and recreated the routine, changed the “Alexa says...” phrase.  Don’t know what else to try!

StevenR

Re: “Alexa says” in Alexa routines
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 02:55:23 am »
When you create a Routine which plays audio (flash briefing, Alexa Says, etc.)  there is a From option which controls which device plays the audio. This should be set to "The device you speak to" for it to work from any device. It may be set to that particular Echo Dot.