Echo & Alexa Forums

Microphone question when listening to music

Re: Microphone question when listening to music
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 03:24:04 pm »
another option is to bluetooth speakers and keep alexa across the room from them.  you have a better shot at voice commands than if alexa is right next to the speakers. 

mindmagic

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2017, 05:07:32 am »
It also depends on what you're listening to. I use mine mainly for radio, and some stations broadcast at a much higher volume than others. One can deafen me at vol 6, while another needs to be turned up to at least vol 8.

flyfrom13five

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2017, 02:03:02 am »
I have a solution to this problem.  The first week I had the Echo show, it worked fine.  Play music at Volume 10 and ask Alexa any command and she responds no problem.  After 3 weeks Alexa would not respond if music was playing above Volume 4.  I set it back to factory settings, and Alexa starting to respond just like the first week.  However, once again, this only lasted for 3 weeks.  Amazon is pushing settings to my device, really annoying.  Not exactly a 3rd world problem, but still annoying.

mindmagic

« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2017, 04:05:57 am »
"Volume X" is relative. One of the radio stations I listen to outputs at a much higher volume than others, and another one is particularly quiet. Loud music playing on a stronger station at (say) Volume 5 is going to cause more interference than quiet music would on a weaker station.