Follow up mode

AlanH

Re: Follow up mode
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2018, 11:15:57 am »
Where in the app?

strayfish

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2018, 12:50:01 pm »
Go to Alexa Devices then for each device go to Sounds, it's at the top under Media. So far I've bumped up the base on all but my original Show, (waiting for a software update possibly) and it's definitely meatier.

AlanH

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2018, 01:01:29 pm »
Got it - thanks  :)

GaryM

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2018, 02:28:35 am »
I've seen that they're introducing the ability to manipulate the EQ settings but guess what, it's only being rolled out across America at the moment!

In in the UK and all my devices have the Equaliser function in the Alexa app except for my Echo Spot, which has it on the on-screen settings menu.

I didn't actually know that thanks!  I was on about the EQ settings actually being voice controlled though, that's being rolled out in the US.

stocklen

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2018, 06:26:42 am »
I've seen that they're introducing the ability to manipulate the EQ settings but guess what, it's only being rolled out across America at the moment!

In in the UK and all my devices have the Equaliser function in the Alexa app except for my Echo Spot, which has it on the on-screen settings menu.

I didn't actually know that thanks!  I was on about the EQ settings actually being voice controlled though, that's being rolled out in the US.

This is all very well...

but STILL no follow up mode?

Beyond ridiculous now and its been many months since it launched in the US, and 4 months since the UK press were discussing it as imminent or already here.

So, whats the problem?

I think some people are being a little over-dramatic when they say they will sell all their Echos due to a feature being delayed.  Firstly, you know what they are capable of when they are purchased.  Secondly they are adding functionality over time - mine do far more now than they did when I bought them.

Having said that, I still dont understand why some features are US only and there is such a long delay.  OK, use the US as a testing platform, but roll it out worldwide very quickly

I think its bad to say that a device can do X,Y,Z and then say 'oh but not if you dont live in the USA'.  It is understandable if there is a local infrastructure restriction such as external calling features, but when there is no reason for it not to be implemented it gets annoying living with the disparity.

GaryM

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2018, 02:40:33 am »

I think some people are being a little over-dramatic when they say they will sell all their Echos due to a feature being delayed.  Firstly, you know what they are capable of when they are purchased. 

Haha ok no, I probably won't sell them now I'm pretty much fully set up with all my devices and lighting etc.  Point I'm trying to make though, same as you is it's getting incredibly frustrating that follow up mode isn't being introduced.  It's probably one of the single most useful features.  Google Home have been able to do it for quite some time I believe...

malliekm

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2018, 02:59:19 am »

Google Home have been able to do it for quite some time I believe...
[/quote]

I think it's only been about a month.  What a difference it makes!  But, GH has the same "problem" as Alexa as far as rolling out features to the rest of the world.  I read it every day, multiple times a day.  Feel sorry for those that have purchased the product but can't get the features they've paid for :(  Continued Conversations (Follow-up Mode) is only available in the US right now.  Some people have had limited success if  they change the language to English (US) but most haven't.

stocklen

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2018, 06:35:15 am »

Google Home have been able to do it for quite some time I believe...

I think it's only been about a month.  What a difference it makes!  But, GH has the same "problem" as Alexa as far as rolling out features to the rest of the world.  I read it every day, multiple times a day.  Feel sorry for those that have purchased the product but can't get the features they've paid for :(  Continued Conversations (Follow-up Mode) is only available in the US right now.  Some people have had limited success if  they change the language to English (US) but most haven't.
[/quote]

I think you have to keep a perspective on "features they've paid for".  They havent.  Not at all.  For better or worse the features are advertised on Amazon's local websites and they never promise features that aren't available.  So you do your research, you pay your money, and you dont get upset if a feature that is available in another country isnt yet available in yours as it wasnt promised at the time you decided to purchase.

That being said, thats just from the perspective of a new buyer.  My whinge is about new features that are widely advertised, but restricted to the USA.  I dont understand why these take so long to roll out - and in the case of follow up mode its one of those genuinely useful ones.  Follow up mode was specifically covered in the UK press around March time as being available now or imminently.

Just recently we got the 'bass mid and treble' controls - arguably a bit useless but we got that very close to the USA release.  Why is follow up mode still to be implemented?

Smokie

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2018, 07:25:01 pm »
Just picked up my new Dot Gen3 and follow up mode is available in the app for it. I tried to enable it for my echo plus and it's not there.
I did notice the dot was originally setup with American details, time zone language and stuff but it's still there when I configured it for Ireland.

stocklen

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2018, 05:38:54 am »
Just picked up my new Dot Gen3 and follow up mode is available in the app for it. I tried to enable it for my echo plus and it's not there.
I did notice the dot was originally setup with American details, time zone language and stuff but it's still there when I configured it for Ireland.

That'll be why.

Also, time for another rant...

its now OCTOBER... and STILL NO FOLLOW UP MODE!!!!

(can you tell i'd find this feature rather helpful?!)

Seriously... saying 'Alexa....' before each command can get a bit tedious.  I know... first wold problems and all that...

I just don't understand why something like this is not available in the UK.  As I've said before its not like there is any infrastructure reason for it whatsoever.  Also, there was a flurry of reports way back in March that it was already available in the UK (Or at least imminent).

sigh.

Starting to think that we will not be getting it at all now.

Please, Amazon, dont give other countries way more functionality - its not as if we dont know about it!

thrilljunkieuk

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2018, 01:31:36 pm »

That'll be why.

Also, time for another rant...

its now OCTOBER... and STILL NO FOLLOW UP MODE!!!!

(can you tell i'd find this feature rather helpful?!)

Seriously... saying 'Alexa....' before each command can get a bit tedious.  I know... first wold problems and all that...

I just don't understand why something like this is not available in the UK.  As I've said before its not like there is any infrastructure reason for it whatsoever.  Also, there was a flurry of reports way back in March that it was already available in the UK (Or at least imminent).

sigh.

Starting to think that we will not be getting it at all now.

Please, Amazon, dont give other countries way more functionality - its not as if we dont know about it!

Feel the same. Been waiting for this feature for months now as I also think it will be really useful. I remember reading in UK Tech News websites that this feature was to be rolled out in the UK soon (that was months ago!).

Also noticed that SMS messages and Whisper Mode has also not yet been rolled out in the UK yet  :(
Come on Amazon! (Mine you it could be worse. Mexico has only just received Alexa and Amazon Music).

stocklen

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2018, 05:27:13 pm »
Kindof given up on this now.

It was supposed to be "imminent" when the UK press were talking about it back in March.

8 months later and I suppose that its just never going to be released outside of the USA.

Absolutely no reason why not.... but hey.

twoshed

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2018, 02:39:31 pm »
Follow up mode is now here.

AlanH

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2018, 02:43:28 pm »
To enable follow up mode, go into All Devices and then enable for each individual device. There’s no global setting.

Andy

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2018, 05:35:57 pm »
Is this for UK?