Follow up mode

Andy

Follow up mode
« on: March 13, 2018, 06:09:03 pm »
Hi all- cant see this on my settings- anyone got it?-thanks

StevenR

Re: Follow up mode
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 06:12:45 pm »
It's a US-only feature. There's been nothing from Amazon about when those of us in the rest of the world will get it.

Andy

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 03:18:26 pm »
Ah cheers thanks

Jim5

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 08:17:03 am »
I've been looking for this as well. Lets hope it's not to long for the option to hit the UK

MartinB999

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 10:13:55 am »
Nope, no sign  of it here as yet. The Daily Express article of a couple of days ago (https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/932856/Alexa-Update-Amazon-Echo) was wrong (suprised? - Not!).
Hope it comes soon.

AlanH

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 11:18:51 am »
From the article:
“The update is rolling out to users in the United States at the moment, expect it to drop in the UK soon.”

MartinB999

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2018, 05:58:19 am »
I missed that Alan - but still, the article does lead you to believe that it is already available here - until you get almost to the end.......
Thanks anyway
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 06:00:25 am by MartinB999 »

AlanH

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 06:01:26 am »
I agree - the article was confusing. Hopefully not too long before the update is available here too.

GaryM

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2018, 06:23:14 am »
This feature can't come soon enough, getting pretty boring constantly having to use the wake word for multiple instructions.

Alexa, bedroom light on.  Alexa, news.  Alexa, volume 7... aaargghh!

stocklen

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2018, 05:53:12 am »
Agree.

Im finding it quite frustrating the disparity of USA features versus UK ones.

Its annoying that new features are often reported here in the UK, with many sources incorrectly stating they are available now.

Its been ages and still no follow up mode here and id find it really useful.

I know that we tend to get these things eventually - but its still frustrating!

stocklen

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 05:53:47 am »
Anyone heard anything more here?

This feature I am looking forward to and its taking an age to come to the UK.

AlanH

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 05:59:38 am »
I haven’t seen any indication on the tech websites when this might appear in the U.K. 

stocklen

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2018, 05:52:38 pm »
Still nothing!

Ive seen it discussed on several UK websites as being imminent... but that was around March/April.

I still dont understand why certain new functionality cant be released to everyone at the same time.

I appreciate that infrastructure and behind the scenes stuff such as calling features might add complexity for different countries... but follow up mode?!

GaryM

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2018, 04:21:38 am »
This is getting silly now.  It's really putting me off using the devices and seriously thinking about getting rid of them.  Has anyone contacted Amazon and ever got a decent reply?

I've seen that they're introducing the ability to manipulate the EQ settings but guess what, it's only being rolled out across America at the moment!

StevenR

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2018, 11:12:57 am »
I've seen that they're introducing the ability to manipulate the EQ settings but guess what, it's only being rolled out across America at the moment!

In in the UK and all my devices have the Equaliser function in the Alexa app except for my Echo Spot, which has it on the on-screen settings menu.