Echo & Alexa Forums

Accessing shopping list while in the grocery

sgproesel

Accessing shopping list while in the grocery
« on: March 10, 2018, 04:35:01 pm »
Over half the time I try to use the shopping list on my phone I'm unable to access it.  I have good connectivity on the phone and even use the stores free wifi, but no luck.  I have to call my wife to find out what on the list.  What do I need to do to get it to work correctly.  I've already installed and uninstalled, reverse that, several times

Is there any way to sort the items on the list, move them around

Thanks

mike27oct

Re: Accessing shopping list while in the grocery
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 10:07:28 pm »
Maybe you need a better phone?  Really.  Get out of middle of store near a Window or glass doors. When you are in a store, you are not in Kansas anymore!

Wife and I can access shopping list in most stores (other than ginormous ones like Costco), via our cell plan.  We both have current iPhones; a 7 and 7+.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 07:28:17 pm by mike27oct »

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 11:48:28 pm »
using ifttt you can have your shopping list email to you.  also there are some apps/skills thats compatible with the echo that can sync with your shopping list.  finally, you can access your shopping list from your car and leave it open while in the store. 

I personally use ifttt and have the shopping list email to me so it will appear on my smartwatch. 

Offline kevb

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 10:48:25 am »
Try opening the app before you go into the store. I usually have to turn off wifi when I'm in a store- the phone tries to switch back and forth between wifi and phone and it takes a long time to do anything.

Scm53

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 06:14:31 pm »
I use a free app called “AnyList” on my phone and the associated Alexa skill which keeps it in sync.  Have never had any problems accessing my list in a store and the app has some other nice features, like multiple lists, sorting, etc.

malliekm

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 11:58:43 pm »
I thought I remember that Alexa shopping list being local (meaning it's on your phone regardless of Internet connectivity).   Did it used to be and they changed it?

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 04:24:22 am »
I thought I remember that Alexa shopping list being local (meaning it's on your phone regardless of Internet connectivity).   Did it used to be and they changed it?

as far as I know, it still is but you have to change settings or it will keep searching for a signal. I for one don't like changing settings because I always forget to change them back.