Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa app now totally unusable after last few updates

Point

Alexa app now totally unusable after last few updates
« on: March 08, 2018, 10:39:08 am »
The Alexa app on latest iOS on my iPhone 6 has always been slow and funky but, after the last couple of updates, it is now totally unusable. If you click on the Music, Video, & Books section, a white page comes up with none or one or more blue dots (frozen) and nothing happens. It is now a joke and, is going to really turn people off from recommending the Alexa system as the Alexa app can be useful and is needed. If only it was stable and worked like it was supposed to!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 03:03:26 pm by Point »

Laurel

Re: Alexa app now totally unusable after last few updates
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 11:58:49 am »
No troubles with my app.  Try uninstalling it and then reinstall. Good luck.

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 03:55:14 pm »
FYI, I just finished installing the newest Alexa app on my devices ( 2 iphones and 2 iPads) and it works fine, and as before.

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 05:09:15 pm »
The Alexa app on latest iOS on my iPhone 6 has always been slow and funky but, after the last couple of updates, it is now totally unusable. If you click on the Music, Video, & Books section, a white page comes up with none or one or more blue dots (frozen) and nothing happens. It is now a joke and, is going to really turn people off from recommending the Alexa system as the Alexa app can be useful and is needed. If only it was stable and worked like it was supposed to!

It works like it supposed to for me  :-)   maybe it is just you :-P   I think the best thing you can do is to uninstall it then reinstall.  also check storage space on the phone.  If it is close to being full, then you may need to clear out some space. 

Point

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 05:35:14 pm »
No troubles with my app.  Try uninstalling it and then reinstall. Good luck.

Did that. I always restart after updates too.

Point

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 05:38:54 pm »

It works like it supposed to for me  :-)   maybe it is just you :-P   I think the best thing you can do is to uninstall it then reinstall.  also check storage space on the phone.  If it is close to being full, then you may need to clear out some space.

Did that. I also keep my phone lean. I do not even keep images on it. They shunt off to Google drive. No music either. It is not me. It is not my phone. It is the app. Amazon confirmed they know of the issue and are working on it.

mike27oct

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 06:46:50 pm »
Su, did you reset/reboot the phone and uninstall and reinstall the app?

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 04:26:57 am »

Did that. I also keep my phone lean. I do not even keep images on it. They shunt off to Google drive. No music either. It is not me. It is not my phone. It is the app. Amazon confirmed they know of the issue and are working on it.

so if amazon confirmed the problem, why are you asking help about it here????
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 03:07:47 pm by renegade600 »

Point

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 10:15:49 am »
The fix is to delete the app and reinstall. I had to do this twice though. The updates (with some bug) remain the cause of a need to do any of this. Reinstall after every update is not good.

Laurel

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 11:32:23 am »
The fix is to delete the app and reinstall. I had to do this twice though. The updates (with some bug) remain the cause of a need to do any of this. Reinstall after every update is not good.

Glad it worked out. Glad we could help.  Doubt whether you will have to do that each time--likely a glitch and a fluke.  Think glass half full lol.