Echo & Alexa Forums

Wish Echo could do things with a time variable...

ibgeek

Wish Echo could do things with a time variable...
« on: February 17, 2016, 09:28:11 pm »
It would be really nice if I could say "Alexa, in 15 minutes turn off the Kitchen Light." 
Or "Alexa in 45 minutes remind me to leave for my appointment."

Actually it would be nice to get a reminder of any kind.  The to do list is useless to me.  I need verbal reminders.

mike27oct

Re: Wish Echo could do things with a time variable...
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 12:41:47 am »
Until your wish comes true, try this for now:  Tell Alexa to set alarm for 45 minutes (which will remind you of your appt).  Hmm, for kitchen lights, one of the many light hubs might be able to help.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 05:10:03 am »
It would be really nice if I could say "Alexa, in 15 minutes turn off the Kitchen Light." 
Or "Alexa in 45 minutes remind me to leave for my appointment."

Actually it would be nice to get a reminder of any kind.  The to do list is useless to me.  I need verbal reminders.

I just use a timer when I need something to remind me of something.  MIght want to check ifttt. seems to me there was a recipe that did something like that.  I do agree, it would be another great feature, especially if it would work with google calendar 

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 04:12:24 pm »
Yea, I meant to say timer instead of alarm, although both can do the job.  Real soon, Alexa's timer is about to go off and remind us to take the partially dry clothes out of dryer and hang them up!  Maybe the best part of Alexa!  (Just joking, for those who think I am serious about "best part".)