Echo & Alexa Forums

Just got an Invitation to Amazon Dash Button

Offline jwlv

Just got an Invitation to Amazon Dash Button
« on: May 07, 2015, 02:34:54 pm »
Amazon sent me an email saying that I've been selected to receive 2 Amazon Dash Buttons for free.

What is Amazon Dash? You know about the One Click feature on Amazon.com? Well, this is literally the physical button. You press it, and whatever you've programmed it to order will be ordered. You'll have 30 minutes to cancel it if you change your mind.

I think it is ridiculous. It might be convenient for some people. But for me, no matter what I buy, I always want to check the price. It could be a small bag of M&M's. I want to know if it's 59 cents or $1.25. I won't buy anything blindly just by pushing a button.

See this link for more info:
https://smile.amazon.com/oc/dash-button

« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 01:24:46 am by jwlv »

ScarlettPhoenix

Re: Just got an Invitation to Amazon Dash Button
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 11:23:35 am »
I was sent that email as well ( a while ago, like at least a month) and so far, nothing has shown up in my mailbox. I wonder what DASH buttons they will be? How do they know what I want to reorder?

BeesKnees

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 01:13:45 pm »
I am not a price checker by default but I would not have one.  Anything I add to my network is the potential for new problems and the Dash is completely superfluous.

I like the cart and the checkout procedure.  I want additional steps between Amazon and my wallet.  I have never even turned on 1-click ordering.  I already spend an embarrassing amount of money each year with them without making it even more convenient.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 04:54:42 pm »
The Dash Button is a scaled down version of the regular Amazon Dash which can order any product by just saying the product name. It's kind of like talking to Echo. The regular Amazon Dash looks kind of like the Echo remote.

The Dash Button, however, does not respond to voice. It's a physical button that is programmed to buy one specific product that you choose. For example, you can put the Dash Button next to your coffee maker. Whenever you push the button, it will order Keurig, Green Mountain Coffee, Breakfast Blend, K-Cup packs, 72 Count from Amazon.

Or put another Dash Button in the bathroom to order Charmin Ultra Strong Toilet Paper 40 Double Roll (10 Packs of 4 Double Rolls) from Amazon.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 07:05:51 am by jwlv »

Talisman

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 08:24:45 am »
I am still waiting for mine.. I love gadgets and would love to use this in my smart home more.

jonjanisch

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 05:35:01 pm »
I requested an invite on day one but haven't received anything yet. The Echo's shopping list function makes the dash buttons far less useful for me anyway.

ScarlettPhoenix

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2015, 07:13:10 am »
Still waiting for mine as well. I just really wanted to see it. Prolly won't use it. I get cheaper prices at the local Sams Club.