Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Listening to an Amazon Music Followed Playlist - HELP!!

ddbobrow

Listening to an Amazon Music Followed Playlist - HELP!!
« on: December 28, 2017, 09:33:46 pm »
How do you then play a FOLLOWED playlist (not one you created)?  I have scoured the web how to figure this out without having to add a 2nd account.  Any ideas?  I have a bunch of dots and echos all set up under me throughout the house (just named different by room).  We have an Amazon Music family plan.  My son has a playlist that he shared with me.  the Echo's play the playlists I created without issue.  However, when I ask to play a FOLLOWED playlist that he shared with me, it does not recognize it (although I clearly see it on the Amazon Music app).  I have tried to ask Alexa every which way with no luck.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks!

trcolema

Re: Listening to an Amazon Music Followed Playlist - HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 04:08:55 pm »
I am also having this problem with followed playlists. We have a family Music Unlimited account with multiple members in our household. I bought the plan thinking we could each have our own playlists and we could each play our playlists anywhere in the house. Apparently not.

Since all the devices are registered to me, I had my husband share his playlist with me and I followed it. I can play it through the Alexa App, or on my laptop using the Amazon Music site. But Alexa won't play it. She finds the playlist, says she's now playing the playlist, but then plays nothing.

What's the point of a shared family plan if we can't really share it?