Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Show and MyQ Garage Door

hunterc4

Echo Show and MyQ Garage Door
« on: November 28, 2020, 11:15:38 am »
Hello. This is my first post here. I’m trying to figure out how I can get my Echo Show to display something indicating my garage door is open. My garage doors are Lift Master brand. They can be controlled by Alexa and with the MyQ app.

Offline jwlv

Re: Echo Show and MyQ Garage Door
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 06:21:01 pm »
Hello. This is my first post here. I’m trying to figure out how I can get my Echo Show to display something indicating my garage door is open. My garage doors are Lift Master brand. They can be controlled by Alexa and with the MyQ app.

The Chamberlain MyQ is a closed system. That means Chamberlain has full control of what it can or cannot do. They made the MyQ app (and it's a decent app), and they made the Alexa skill. The Alexa skill controls what is displayed on your Echo Show. As it stands now, the Alexa skill will not display the status of your garage door (whether open or closed). You could contact Chamberlain and ask them to update their skill to display the garage status on your Echo Show. But for now, it cannot do what you want.

David N

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 09:14:51 am »
I added a contact sensor to my garage door and I put a wyze cam in the garage.

hunterc4

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 04:24:46 pm »
Thanks for the reply @jwlv.  That is good to know.  I will contact Chamberlain. 

@David N: is there a way to get a contact sensor to show a status on my Echo Show? 

David N

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 01:13:17 pm »

@David N: is there a way to get a contact sensor to show a status on my Echo Show?
No but you could always ask for the status. I have set up routines for opened and closed that include a notification on my phone and they change the color of the lights in my house based on the status.