Echo & Alexa Forums

YES, Alexa is DOWN March 2 since morning in US

mike27oct

YES, Alexa is DOWN March 2 since morning in US
« on: March 02, 2018, 12:55:51 pm »
YES, Alexa is DOWN according to www.downdetector.com and many news reports.  Just google for info.

Re: YES, Alexa is DOWN March 2 since morning in US
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 01:01:48 pm »
what a pain.  just got up a bit ago and found this out.

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 02:23:16 pm »
OK, Red alert is over.  At 11am PT when I heard a Dot playing music without any given command!

What sux about this is that Amazon has no status page for its devices.  Alexa may be mission critical to us users, but to Amazon it is just a toy. Thank goodness for the two Google Homes in the house so we could at least operate the smart plugs!  Be prepared for intermittent Alexa outages throughout the day while Amazon gets its act together.

LeftCoastBoomer

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 03:24:25 pm »
I just asked her for the spelling of a word (12:15 PM Pacific time) and she was quick with her answer.

cdnirene

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 10:18:32 pm »
What I found odd was while my Echo Dot wasn’t working, my Echo was functioning perfectly.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 11:21:12 pm »
What I found odd was while my Echo Dot wasn’t working, my Echo was functioning perfectly.

Just a wild guess that the original Echo was the flagship Alexa device and the Dot is the low end Alexa device and they might use the AWS server that's appropriate for their price level???