Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

New Jinni. Alexa/Google/Siri on the Go.

malliekm

New Jinni. Alexa/Google/Siri on the Go.
« on: March 02, 2018, 10:18:34 pm »
https://ksr-video.imgix.net/projects/3198448/video-850953-h264_high.mp4

I'm pre-ordering one.  It's a Kickstarter right now.  They have till the end of the month to meet their goal.

Offline jwlv

Re: New Jinni. Alexa/Google/Siri on the Go.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 11:29:20 pm »
It looks like a really cool product but there is one big thing that makes it appear to be vaporware. They state it has Google integration. As far as I am aware, Google has not opened up its API to their voice services. Unless it's doing this thru Bluetooth to an Android smartphone, I highly doubt that it is possible right now. But if that's what it is doing, I can do the same thing with any Bluetooth mic/speaker or headset. And is the Alexa integration the same way, via Bluetooth? If so, then maybe that's why it's $39. And that's kind of high for a Bluetooth mic/speaker.

malliekm

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 11:39:57 pm »
It's $39 right now for pre-release.  It'll be $69 if/when it goes live.  And yes, it's BT.  I know the same thing can be done with our phones, same can be said for the Alexa and GH devices in our homes.  This is just so much smaller and hands free.  For $39 it's worth a shot. 

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 03:43:12 am »
But you do have to pair it with your smartphone for it to work. It's not like you can go to the beach with it and not take your phone with you. From what I understand, it's basically a Bluetooth headset but without the headset part of it. The mic and speaker are built within the little square box and the push button is just like the push button on a Bluetooth headset for when you want to make a call. I suspect they have a custom app that the button triggers instead of activating a phone call. And the app connects to Alexa, GH, Siri, and what not.