Echo & Alexa Forums

Music playing slowly

Mrh1

Music playing slowly
« on: March 01, 2018, 05:45:21 pm »
Not sure if this point has been raised before.  If so sorry but I have been unable to find it.

I often use my echo dot to stream a playlist from my Amazon music. Recently, I noticed that the music sounded rather dirgelike - playing more slowly than it should.  I checked and found it was playing slowly - it took 4 minutes 2 seconds to play a song 3 minutes 51 seconds long.  The music plays quite smoothly - just slowly.  Any advice would be appreciated.

mike27oct

Re: Music playing slowly
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 06:29:28 pm »
Never heard of this issue.  So, unplug the alexa device for five minute, then plug back in and try again.  If you still have an issue contact Echo support.  Maybe a setting changed in your music player.

strayfish

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 03:43:01 am »
Might be a theoretical physicist you need - doesn't time slow down near a black hole ..?  ;D

Mrh1

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 04:09:16 am »
Thanks mike27oct.  Yeah, the off/on worked.  (As it always does but I would have liked a more elegant solution!). I would still like to understand how this could occur.

Mrh1

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 04:11:20 am »
Sorry strayfish but a google search says there aren’t any black holes in the south of England 😊!

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2018, 04:27:39 am »
@Mrh1

"Turn it off and turn it on" is very elegant.  Sort of like E=mc square
Haven't you watched the Brit comedy series "The IT Crowd"?

Mrh1

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 04:22:32 am »
I have come back to this forum because the problem is re-occurring and getting worse.  The turn off/turn on solution lasted for about a month before the problem returned; now it is doing it after 24 hours.  I am still at a loss as to what might be causing this so any ideas welcome.

Andyfromthebrac

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 03:34:36 pm »
Oddly enough I’ve started experiencing this same issue. The voice has also changed (not by issuing “speak slower” etc it’s markedly different to that.

The unit is altogether pitched slower; ie “talks” and plays music noticeably slower. It’s an echo dot gen 2 which has a Bluetooth speaker.

Off & on lasts for a couple of hours. I have 2 other dots and a full fat echo which are all operating normally.

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2020, 05:45:54 pm »
did you try the suggestions in the other posts?