Echo & Alexa Forums

Changing volume pauses music

spoonpilot

Changing volume pauses music
« on: February 23, 2018, 05:43:36 pm »
Hello,

I have an Echo 2nd gen and an echo dot 2.
When I play music (via 'my media for alexa') on the Echo 2 it pauses and does not restart if I do something like adjust the volume or turn a light on.
This does not happen on my Dot (it immediately resumes music once task is complete) and the developers of the third party app were unable to replicate the issue on their test devices.
It seems unlikely this inconvenient action is intentional on Echo's part, so I am wondering if anybody knows what may be causing it or what I can try and do to stop it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

mike27oct

Re: Changing volume pauses music
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 06:07:34 pm »
When any gadget doesn't act as it should, the first thing to try is to turn it off and turn it back on; as you likely have done with a computer a few times.  Alexa devices are computers, too.  So, turn off Echo by removing the power to it, wait five minutes to be sure all gremlins have left the building, then power it up again.  If it works OK now, you fixed it.  If not, there may be an incompatibility with the app or program so close it and reopen it.  I doubt there is a problem with the Echo since it appears to work, otherwise.  If still not working right, let us know.

spoonpilot

Re: Changing volume pauses music
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 10:21:43 am »
Many thanks for your response. A good suggestion as I hadn't tried resetting the echo, but I have done it now and I also closed and restarted the media server on my pc. Unfortunately the glitch is still there. I just find it odd that it works fine on the dot, but not on the Echo 2. Not the end of the world, but a bit of a pain as I'd often rather put up with the wrong volume than go through restarting the music every time. Hopefully a future update from either Amazon or the app developers may fix the issue. The developers were pretty helpful as they removed all the blurb that the echo said on resuming the music so it is a bit less painful than it used to be.