Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa keeps shuffling spotify playlist

silvermullet

Alexa keeps shuffling spotify playlist
« on: February 19, 2018, 02:22:21 pm »
Hey all!

new to the forum because of an issue that i just noticed in the past couple days.

i always play my ambient music playlist before going to sleep so minus a night out of town, last night i did the usual. and i noticed that Alexa started with 'Shuffling music from _____...'  thought it was weird so tried to troubleshoot as much as i can but am at a loss.

i say 'turn shuffle off' and it turns it off for that particular playlist, but once you command another one, it 'shuffles' its again.  before it just used to say 'Playing ______ from spotify.'

HELP. 

thanks in advance.

k9kids

Re: Alexa keeps shuffling spotify playlist
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 03:48:14 pm »
If you're a paid subscriber you can turn off shuffle by clicking on the arrows shown in the photo below.

Green is shuffle and white in no shuffle.

silvermullet

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 09:47:20 pm »
If you're a paid subscriber you can turn off shuffle by clicking on the arrows shown in the photo below.

Green is shuffle and white in no shuffle.

thanks.

yea.. the shuffle was not enabled on my spotify phone app.  thats the kicker.  any playlists initiated from my phone are not shuffled.  if i initiate the playlist with alexa and look on my iphone app, the shuffle is enabled.  spotify is installed on one other computer in my house and looked to see if shuffle was enabled on there and it was not. 

the biggest kicker of all is that it returned to normal behavior around 2pm PST.  did nothing except come back from lunch. 

anyway, thanks for the reply.

Jerome

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 08:19:27 am »
I noticed that last night too.
I asked "Alexa, play Discover Weekly" and it responded "Shuffling Discover Weekly on Spotify" ???
I don't often turn shuffle on so I was surprised but did not investigate further.
Will have to do some tests...