Echo & Alexa Forums

TuneIn Radio thinks I'm in US

mtbnrulz

TuneIn Radio thinks I'm in US
« on: February 18, 2018, 08:55:20 pm »
Is anyone else having an issue with Tune In radio in Canada?  for the longest time it was working and playing my local radio stations and now when I go to Local Radio station it says i'm in Ashburn VA, and my local radio stations that I have marked as favorites are now stating not compatible in this country.  If I go to TuneIn.com it seems ot detect my location fine and my radio stations work. Amazon support has been useless so far.

Alexa in Canada

Re: TuneIn Radio thinks I'm in US
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 10:18:44 am »
There are a lot of posts in this section dealing with setting up your account as US even though you are in Canada. I suggest you try some of those. After I got Echo set up as a US device, then a number of location settings had to be changed to my location to pick things like local weather, traffic etc.  Check your Alexa settings for the location of the device. Change it to your local city.  I think my weather came from Washington state for a while also when I first set it up.

Laurel

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 11:45:24 am »
Is anyone else having an issue with Tune In radio in Canada?  for the longest time it was working and playing my local radio stations and now when I go to Local Radio station it says i'm in Ashburn VA, and my local radio stations that I have marked as favorites are now stating not compatible in this country.  If I go to TuneIn.com it seems ot detect my location fine and my radio stations work. Amazon support has been useless so far.
I am Canadian using amazon.com and this issue of "Ashburn, VA" is happening all of a sudden to me too.  I sent in an email asking for the issue to be forwarded to technicians for attention.  It might help if we all send emails with citing the same issue.

I just got an email back saying I could call technicians to discuss the issue and they gave me the number.  But I will do it later this afternoon when I have time. And I will post the results.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:03:36 pm by Laurel »

mtbnrulz

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 02:29:22 pm »
But I'm using Amazon.ca, should this be an issue?  I'd expect it to be an issue if was attached to amazon.com

Laurel

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2018, 04:28:19 pm »
But I'm using Amazon.ca, should this be an issue?  I'd expect it to be an issue if was attached to amazon.com

I just spoke with an Amazon rep in Knoxville, Tennessee.  The issue is system wide Amazon.com and Amazon.ca.  Rep's app showed Ashburn, VA as well.  He said there are tickets noting the issue and he suspects since it is system wide they will fix it quickly. He will touch base with me via email by Friday to update me.  mtbnrulz Amazon.com has far more features and far fewer issues than Amazon.ca that is why all of my devices are registered on .com and not .ca. 

mtbnrulz

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 08:53:59 am »
That's good to know.  Thanks Laurel for the update.

Laurel

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 12:30:59 am »
That's good to know.  Thanks Laurel for the update.

No one got back to me today so I wrote again.  I got a baffle gab response and I lit into them about not following up.  They then suggested it was my account so I got really firm with them, and went through the whole scenario again and said the technician said it was system wide and not my account. Just got another email apologizing and saying the technicians would reply to me directly when they get it fixed.  So here's hoping it is soon.  I'll keep you posted. Here's what the said after I got horsey with them lol.

"I'm sorry that you haven't received any reply from our technical team regarding your issue with TuneIn on your device.

I've checked and see that our technical team is still working on your issue and I've also requested our technical team to reply you with an updates.

Rest assured that my colleague is following up and monitoring the progress of the solution. Once any update will be available from our technical team upon your issue, you'll get informed immediately.

So, I kindly request you to please wait a little longer and we'll contact you from our end.

We're eagerly waiting for the solution upon your issue so that we can get in touch with you soon.

Please be assured that this is not a typical Amazon.com experience and in no way did we intend for this to happen. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to prove the quality of our service to you in the future.

In addition to our large selection, one of the benefits we try very hard to offer our customers is convenience. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced in this case.

Further, if you continue to have trouble, I request you to contact us over live medium directly. This allows us to troubleshoot in real time and gather additional information about your issue which helps us to forward it for further investigations to resolve the issue at the earliest."
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 12:36:14 am by Laurel »

Offline jwlv

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2018, 03:12:37 pm »
Looks like they copied and pasted every apologetic response they have to you.

Laurel

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 01:50:08 am »
It's fixed!  Mine is showing Vancouver.  No message from Amazon, but I just looked and it is fixed. 

mtbnrulz

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 12:35:37 pm »
I just noticed also that it's fixed!  Now seeing Toronto! :)

mtbnrulz

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 01:20:03 pm »
Okay maybe spoke too soon..  On the app and portal it shows right information but now I'm not gettting anything from any of my devices it .....  I'll have to do further troubleshooting when I get home.

Laurel

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2018, 03:20:05 pm »
Okay maybe spoke too soon..  On the app and portal it shows right information but now I'm not gettting anything from any of my devices it .....  I'll have to do further troubleshooting when I get home.

Everything is good on all my devices. 

mtbnrulz

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 01:52:18 pm »
Mine were acting wonky and still not working but also not connecting to the backend period.  Re-registered the devices and all is good again.

Laurel

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2018, 03:50:58 pm »
Mine were acting wonky and still not working but also not connecting to the backend period.  Re-registered the devices and all is good again.

Yay that is good.