Echo & Alexa Forums

Will changing to US remove Prime Music?

Hockey_Magnet

Will changing to US remove Prime Music?
« on: February 17, 2018, 07:53:48 pm »
Pretty sure I already know the answer. I have 3 dots and an Echo, all bought in Canada and registered my amazon.ca Prime account. This does give me "free" access to Prime Music, which we do use. I also have a basic US  Amazon.com account. I'm guessing that if I try to switch the Echos to that account I will lose Prime music. Correct? It's a tough decision since some of the US skills would be useful BUT I would also lose some Canadian skills, News and Weather would not work as well. Has anybody actually switched 9not just set up as US from the beginning and has there been a downside? I know lots has been written about this but I'm still not sure what I should do.

Mike echo

Re: Will changing to US remove Prime Music?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 08:59:32 pm »
Fellow Canuck. Registered on .ca then did the country and device switch to .com. Prime music still plays no issues. Only downside is I cannot track orders thru the echo.

Hockey_Magnet

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 02:00:50 pm »
Fellow Canuck. Registered on .ca then did the country and device switch to .com. Prime music still plays no issues. Only downside is I cannot track orders thru the echo.

Thanks - By any chance have you tried changing it back?

Hockey_Magnet

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 02:02:38 pm »

Also if it's not too much trouble can you let me know exactly how you did it? Thanks again

Mike echo

« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 11:44:32 pm by Mike echo »

studlygoorite

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 08:43:37 pm »
Be careful, not only do you lose "where's my stuff" but you lose your free 2 day shipping in Canada. I switched back and forth twice, at least if you go to .com you will have the ability to get Prime Music Unlimited.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 08:45:54 pm by studlygoorite »

coffenk

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2018, 09:43:59 am »
Hi:
Picked up my Dot recently in the US. When back home tried to set it up on my .com account, but the fact that I was using the same login for my .com and .ca accounts caused me some grief when attempting to change country to US. Seems my .ca and .com accounts were linked. Then proceeded to set it up as .ca (with Canadian address). Worked all ok but was anxious to try the US skills (particuarly) Pandora, so set up a new US amazon account, with US address etc. LInked my Dot all Ok and got all the US skills.
Only problem is that I have now lost the Prime Music ( had a prime account for .ca but not on my new .com account.) I've read countless pages on the issue but still have not come up with a way to still access my Prime Music and keep the US skills. Any help would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks !