Echo & Alexa Forums

Anybody know if the new Echo Connect device will work in Canada?

Hockey_Magnet

I THINK it should but I can't see anyone has tried it. Not sold in Canada I know but since it appears to just set up a connection to local echos in your house, I don't know. I know the country code would create a problem in other countries but Canada uses 1 just like the U.S.

Alexa in Canada

Re: Anybody know if the new Echo Connect device will work in Canada?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 01:53:17 pm »
If you get around the geo location restrictions (like many have done for the Echo) by registering it to your Amazon.com account and then setting it up as a US device. Not sure why it would not work. I would say noone at Amazon would be able to tell you because they don’t know how set up a basic Echo like this.

Let us know if you go ahead and get it setup. 

Hockey_Magnet

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 05:47:40 pm »
If you get around the geo location restrictions (like many have done for the Echo) by registering it to your Amazon.com account and then setting it up as a US device. Not sure why it would not work. I would say noone at Amazon would be able to tell you because they don’t know how set up a basic Echo like this.

Let us know if you go ahead and get it setup.

Thanks I haven't bought one as I don't want to go through the hassle of setting up on amazon.com. I'm not sure that would be necessary since it' not actually an Echo device - just a connection between echo and your land line phone system

rob99

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 05:45:59 pm »
I have received one from from friends in the USA and tried it out today

It is not a choice when looking to set up a new item but will set up just by setting up as an echo.  It is then recognised and  registered as an echo connect but the problem I have had so far is that although it will reconside and report that there is  an incoming call and say who it is from I cannot get it to answer by giving the answer command to my echo.

I can however use my landline to dial out calls by asking my echo to call.