Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa-hulu functionality on fire stick

Arose124

Alexa-hulu functionality on fire stick
« on: February 16, 2018, 04:03:43 pm »
All of a sudden Alexa echo isn't playing shows on Hulu when I give it a command like "Alexa, play family guy on hulu" all it does is take me to family guy on Amazon and then I still have to use my fire remote to play it. I have been using Alexa to voice control what I play on Hulu for 8 weeks now since I first got my echo but all of a sudden it won't play the shows on Hulu anymore and it just goes to amazon for everything. Before it would always open the show i asked it to in hulu and it would pick up playong right where i last left off in the show whether it was in the middle of an episode or at the begining of the next episode. Before today, The only time Alexa wouldn't play a show for me in hulu was if it happened to be a show I already purchased and owned from Amazon in my Amazon library. I tried atleast 20 different shows, even oroginal shows specific to hulu like the handmaids tale, still just takes me to amazon and requrirs me to use my remote to navigate to Hulu and play. When I say "Alexa, open hulu" Hulu will open, so Its confusing why Alexa will respond correctly and open hulu, but won't open hulu AND play the show I ask for. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I'm not sure if Amazon is no longer supporting that hulu functionality or what. I have emailed Amazon asking but I wanted to see if any other users on here were also experiencing this. I DO have the voice control function set to ON in my Hulu settings so that's not the issue. I should also mention that the exact same issues occur when i use the voice control function via my fire stick remote so its not only specific the echo

Arose124

Re: Alexa-hulu functionality on fire stick
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 04:33:54 pm »
How weird, alexa went back to responding to my commands like normal and playing shows in hulu like it always did. I'm not sure why it randomly wasn't functioning for one day but atleast now I dint have to spend time troubleshooting with amazon