Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Spot not behaving like Echo Dots

skywaterbanjo

Echo Spot not behaving like Echo Dots
« on: February 15, 2018, 11:32:28 am »
I have 1 Echo Spot and 3 Dots.  I have several smart skills set up.  The Dots work great (lights, music, etc.).  However, the Spot cannot find lights.   I factory reset the device, making sure it was connected to the same account/network.

Anyone else seen this?

Example:

From Kitchen Dot: Alexa, turn off the kitchen.  Works great, kitchen lights go off.

From Master Spot: Alexa, turn off the kitchen.  Response, Sorry, I didn't find kitchen.

Any ideas?

Re: Echo Spot not behaving like Echo Dots
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 12:35:39 pm »
for testing purposes, move the spot to the location of the kitchen dot and give it a try. 

skywaterbanjo

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 07:57:47 pm »
for testing purposes, move the spot to the location of the kitchen dot and give it a try.

Good idea but it didn't make a difference,  Same message.

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 04:41:18 am »
does any command work on the spot?   try a power cycle on your modem and router.  unplug both, reconnect the modem, wait till all the proper lights are on, then plug in the router.  though others devices may work, sometimes may get one that just won't connect properly until there is a power cycle. 

skywaterbanjo

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 12:25:43 am »
does any command work on the spot?   try a power cycle on your modem and router.  unplug both, reconnect the modem, wait till all the proper lights are on, then plug in the router.  though others devices may work, sometimes may get one that just won't connect properly until there is a power cycle.

Thanks...I'm out of town until Tuesday but will try it when I get home.

StevenR

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 09:13:59 am »
If you have an Amazon Household set up, it's possible that the Echo Spot is in a different account that the Echo Dots (this isn't necessarily the same as the one it is registered to). Try saying "Alexa, which account is this?" to the Spot and the Dots to check if this is the case and saying "Alexa, switch to name's account" to the Spot if it is in the wrong account.