Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa in the Netherlands, missing skills:-(

robert66

Alexa in the Netherlands, missing skills:-(
« on: February 16, 2018, 04:33:32 am »
Finally we can use Alexa in the Netherlands. But I can't use some skills, like Sonos and Yonomi because Alex gives me remark : You are not eligible to enable this skill due to geogpraphical restrictions. When I look at Amazone.NL I don't see any skills at all. That's probably because my country has been set to the Netherlands. Any idea what I can do to make it possible to use the skills, or do I just have wait to this skills are also available in the Netherlands?

dragon123

Re: Alexa in the Netherlands, missing skills:-(
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 10:15:47 am »
Finally we can use Alexa in the Netherlands. But I can't use some skills, like Sonos and Yonomi because Alex gives me remark : You are not eligible to enable this skill due to geogpraphical restrictions. When I look at Amazone.NL I don't see any skills at all. That's probably because my country has been set to the Netherlands. Any idea what I can do to make it possible to use the skills, or do I just have wait to this skills are also available in the Netherlands?

Just set your account to amazon.com with a US address and be done with it.

Alexa is useless for local stuff in NL right now, and probably will be for some time. US has all the skills. I tried DE and UK too but US beats everything, especially if you have a spot or show as all visual stuff seems to be US-only ATM.

You can set your own address of any echo device you have so weather etc will work, just set the account address to US (use the adderess of a large company or something).

For more Dutch stuff, read this: https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_messages/1650723/last

robert66

Re: Alexa in the Netherlands, missing skills:-(
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 02:07:57 pm »
Dear dragon123, thanks for your great answer.  I can use Sonos , Yonomi etc now:-) and also  Spotify and still hear the weather and the news of the Netherlands:-).