Cannot get prime music
« on: February 08, 2018, 01:25:23 pm »
I am a prime subscriber and cannot get prime music through my echo  >:(

Offline tthoben

• Greetings from sunny Singapore!
Re: Cannot get prime music
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 07:52:37 pm »

what's the error message from alexa? You should log into Amazon from PC and check your prime music subscription, echo/echo dot locations are set up properly. For e.g. if you subscribed to Amazon Music US but Echo/dot registered in UK (or vice versa), it won't work
Echo Dot @ SG

Alienmoon

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 05:19:21 pm »

The short answer is you can't have access to the Music Unlimited,... I was also under the impression that we could play music via Amazon if I was a Prime Member, however, Amazon wants even more money from you if you would like to play their music, I was really, really disappointed when I discovered this, even still, I'm in to minds of canceling my prime.

Moving on, If you download the Amazon music installer and uploaded your library you can play your own music via Alexa, furthermore, go to your Account on top right and click the drop-down menu and look for "Your Music" (Click, Your Music) Once there, do a search in the search bar at the top and you'll see some albums with a + sign,(When you Mouse over them) these you can add to your library to play via the Alexa device.

Good Luck
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 06:43:20 pm by Alienmoon »

AlexaEcho

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2018, 02:31:03 pm »
I am a Prime member & able to play Prime music on all my Echos. I am not an unlimited member, so the choice is restricted a little. However, I also use a Plex hub for own my music to play on the Echos.

Octavo

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 05:58:46 am »
I´m Prime, not unlimited, and each time I tell Alexa to play Prime Music, it says that I need the Subscription...
I have my prime with playlist and working in my PC
How do you get Alexa to play Prime Music without Unlimited?

PS: Perhaps it´s my country (Spain)?