Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Spot see Now Playing (don't revert to clock)

alan0702

Echo Spot see Now Playing (don't revert to clock)
« on: February 07, 2018, 07:08:03 am »
When playing music on my spot I'd like to see what is playing.  The spot shows this for a while but then reverts back to the clock.  Is there any way to get it to stop reverting and just show now playing when something is playing?

Thanks

Alan

AlanH

Re: Echo Spot see Now Playing (don't revert to clock)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 09:25:40 am »
Interesting. I asked Alexa to shuffle tracks from Genesis on Spotify. After two tracks, the display reverted to the clock face. I left the room and two tracks later the clock face was showing. As soon as I walked in front of the Spot, it reverted to the music display. It would seem that the camera and/or the light sensor is reacting to movement or a change in light intensity caused by a human being!

alan0702

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 09:40:42 am »
Ah thanks Alan...I must sit too still at my desk, I'll try wriggling about more :)

AlanH

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 09:42:38 am »
Let me know if you observe the same behaviour! If it’s a feature, it’s one that Amazon have kept quiet about.

rogue

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 04:58:15 am »
Hi

Just a quick note to say this was such a useful post to find. The clock coming back was really annoying me when working at my desk, where the Spot is!

The movement detection makes sense and does seem to apply having just tested a bit.

The reason I was always getting the clock was that my Spot's camera has a little sliding cover I added out of paranoia and normally it is shut.

Tricky choice now - trust the camera and get the "music on" feature or cover it and see a clock, hmm.

Still, at least now I know and that is the main thing!

Simon