Echo & Alexa Forums

Scheduled routine reliability problem

NikP

Scheduled routine reliability problem
« on: February 06, 2018, 03:47:37 pm »
I have an Echo Spot and I've schedule a Jinvoo outlet to be turned on at 5:00am and then a separate scheduled routine to turn the same outlet off at 11:30am.

I'm finding that the routine isn't running reliably.  The other morning it was on around 7 am as expected then about 20 minutes later it was off.   

The other morning, I found the outlet didn't get turned on as expected.  Frustrating to not have the coffee machine hot when I wake.

I can't find any logging in Alexa that even tells me if Alexa was the culprit turning it on or off. 

I have disabled the two scheduled routines to isolate and make sure it's not something in the outlet or the Jinvoo app.  When I do that, the outlet seems function as expected and stays on all day (since I can't schedule it in their app).  It seems to be a problem when Alexa takes over.

Is there a way to determine if it's really Alexa running the routine to turn it off?   Anyone else having similar issues?

Dbc516

Re: Scheduled routine reliability problem
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 12:06:20 pm »
Similar issues, sometimes scheduled routines work, sometimes they don’t, sometimes they work partially. No help from tech support when I called in, they acted like they had no idea at all what I was talking about or describing.

Re: Scheduled routine reliability problem
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 06:55:24 pm »
Why not use the timer function built into the outlets app instead of routines?
These are generally more reliable.
Since Alexa and the routines are could based any disruption in internet service no mater how brief can cause unexpected results.
Also since these are wi-fi based there are lots of things that can interfere with the 2 Ghz RF signal causing the signal not to get to the outlet or a phantom signal can get misinterprited (though that is rare)  ::)

I've also had issues with routines no triggering wi-fi commands the voice notification almost always sounds but not the signal to turn on devices. I've since used the devices app and set a timer for the same time as the routine and have yet to have the device not turn on as expected.