Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Spot keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi

MNicastro

Echo Spot keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi
« on: February 06, 2018, 05:55:43 am »
I purchased my Echo Spot in December and it worked ok for a couple weeks then kept disconnecting from the Wi-Fi network. I have 2 Echo Dot's and never had an issue with them. I reset the Echo Spot numerous times and eventually sent it back for replacement.  After I received the new one if worked fine for a week or so and then starting disconnecting from the Wi-Fi network again. I did all the troubleshooting possible including moving it right next to the router and still disconnected. It actually was disconnecting multiple times in a day. I found that the only thing that worked so far is that I forced it to connect to 5GHz on the router. So far after a week or so no issues.

mike27oct

Re: Echo Spot keeps disconnecting from Wi-Fi
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 05:15:58 pm »
There have been a few complaints about this issue. Here is a thread from a week ago that goes into detail about wi-fi connections toward the end of thr issue.  You could be having these issues. 

http://www.echotalk.org/index.php/topic,3366.0.html

It might be possible that the Spot design has issues, but I am just guessing until there is more evidence.  Right now, my bet is on wi-fi signal in home.

Binman

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 07:34:39 pm »
I have a new spot that will not connect. All my other devises are ok any ideas

Mike echo

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 08:40:06 pm »
I have a new spot that will not connect. All my other devises are ok any ideas

Did you try the the tips in the link posted above?

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 11:56:12 pm »
:ikely not; he just wants US to magically fix whatever his problem is!