Echo & Alexa Forums

How Much Better Now???

leehop71

How Much Better Now???
« on: February 09, 2016, 10:16:10 pm »
I'm seriously considering buying an Echo, but I can't find any reviews online since 2016.

How much better is the Echo now, as opposed to when it first came out?

mike27oct

Re: How Much Better Now???
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 03:23:45 am »
There are over 25,000 user reviews at Amazon, and everyone loves it.  It is better than when it came out, because it gets frequent firmware updates and features added.  Look, in the case of the Echo; if you want one get it, and move on to bigger life decisions. 

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 07:00:27 am »
It's improving in small ways all the time and always adding new features but by and large I think it works about as well as it did when it became available to the public back in June of 2015. I would recommend buying it if you're just curious to try it out. I've found it to be very useful and I don't regret buying it.
-Paul.

markv

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 11:47:11 am »
I'm seriously considering buying an Echo, but I can't find any reviews online since 2016.

How much better is the Echo now, as opposed to when it first came out?

You can view recent reviews (including those in 2016) by clicking on the "See all xx,xxx customer reviews" link in the Echo product page and then selecting Most Recent in the "Sort By" box at the top of the review list.

leehop71

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 07:20:31 pm »
Just reading the reviews and doing some research, I noticed in the negative reviews there is concern about conversations, even outside the questions to Alexa, being recorded and available online?  Anybody have any input concerning this?

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 07:25:12 pm »
-Paul.

mike27oct

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 08:14:05 pm »
Yea, and there is truth to such things as alien abductions, too.  Good grief, hang out here a while and observe, read, etc. if you still can't pull the trigger to buy an Echo yet, fine.  Just spare us the Echo untrue rumors and fables, please.

ONLY what you ask Alexa IS recorded, and shown to you in your app's History if you want to double check what you said if Alexa didn't get it right.  If you do not say the wake word "Alexa" nothing is recorded and Alexa says/does nothing.