Echo & Alexa Forums

BROADLINK REMOTE CONTROL SKILL CAN'T FIND A/C DEVICES

malnsk

BROADLINK REMOTE CONTROL SKILL CAN'T FIND A/C DEVICES
« on: February 04, 2018, 01:49:23 pm »
Hi, i just setup the broadlink mini 3 using the IHC app and connecting the skill with Alexa. I've added a TV remote and an AC remote. When Alexa discovers new devices only the TV remote is found. No AC remote. Is this a feature still missing or is the problem somewhere else? I've managed to setup the ac remote as a tv remote, so alexa can find it,  but i can only turn it on and off, because of the way AC remotes fuction in general. And because of that  i had to assign one "tv" remote for ON function and the other "tv" remote as OFF function. So one is named AC, the other is named Air Conditioning. But i want the full functionality of the AC remote to use with Alexa, and the only way this will work is to make the AC remote discoverable by Alexa.
Any solutions?
Kind regards
Luka

Offline tthoben

• Greetings from sunny Singapore!
Re: BROADLINK REMOTE CONTROL SKILL CAN'T FIND A/C DEVICES
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 06:15:22 pm »
Feedback from other users is that IHC app integration with Alexa skills is limited to TV remotes at the moment.

You may get more functionality if you use the eControl app combined with RM plugin as an Android bridge.

More details in the smart devices and gadgets section of the forums
Echo Dot @ SG

Offroad1994

Re: BROADLINK REMOTE CONTROL SKILL CAN'T FIND A/C DEVICES
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 07:36:13 am »
old question but the general answer is to call all your devices TV devices and then map in the commands like TEMP INCREASE for the AC to be the VOLUME INCREASE.