Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

How to improve gain for drop in messaging?

How to improve gain for drop in messaging?
« on: February 04, 2018, 09:47:32 am »
I have three echo's and one echo dot.   When I first got them, drop messaging and calling worked well when I was on other side of the room.   But starting late December, they all became much worse.   For calls I have to stand nearly ontop of the echos.

If my wife drops in messages me from any of the devices, it always sounds like she is a thousand miles away.   In order for me to hear here clearly, I have to raise to volume ten and ask her to speak up.   If she yells, she'll sound like she is in the same room...   Although, I can usually hear her from the basement yelling better than with the echo.

Still the echo's will consistently repeat back what we say with Simon Says.   So it obviously has a clear audio pickup.   It is just for some reason there is an audio reduction rather than a boost when using it.  Is there some way to turn the echo's to have better audio pickup or boost the audio when calling and messaging?