Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Spot online, but showing as offline in the Alexa app

Ruggle

Re: Echo Spot online, but showing as offline in the Alexa app
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 08:55:24 am »
So just got off the phone from talking to Mary on tel:1-206-266-2992, she could see that the amazon.com account was causing and issue so is recommending delete the account leaving just the .co.uk account.

Hopefully soon I will have a working Alexa App.

Then just need to decide whether to set up and use a .com account or just stick with the .co.uk account. Getting there slowly.

speedfreaklp

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2018, 10:12:57 am »
No joy with iOS app, even when downloaded for UK app store it stubbornly sets itself to amazon.com.

So logs me in but then tells me that my spots and shows are offline, head in hands.

No option as far as I can see to change the geo. So back to initial issue on the iOS app at least.

I guess I could create a US amazon.com account and see if that resolves the problem, but that would then require me to purchase prime etc again.

All seems a bit of a mess, even the amazon.com support team simply refers you to the amazon.co.uk support team and explains that they are different teams. Think it is time to give Jeff a mail.

Please let me know if you are facing similar issues. At least I can now configure my devices using the co.uk Webb app.

I've got the same "Offline" issue with my Echo Show and for me it's link to the account :
No way to make it work with my main amazon Account... always offline even after reset etc..
But creating a new amazon account (on Amazon France, exactly as the main one) , problem solved !!
and going back and forth, always the same : One is working, not the other !!

asianrocker

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2018, 01:46:36 pm »
Yeah I think the solution here is setting up what ever new echo you bought on Amazon website.  On a different account. Or maybe same account. It seems setting up on PC is more stable.

Something is seriously wrong with their syncing program/syntax/software in Mobile platform I suppose.

romaino

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2018, 12:24:23 pm »
Same issue here, with 2 Echo devices showing offline in my app, and same root cause I think: some of the devices are linked to my account but on another marketplace (FR).
I tried accessing alexa.amazon.fr, but I keep being redirected to alexa.amazon.com where these 2 devices appear offline.
No luck with either the US or FR version of the iOS Alexa app.

Have you been able to solve this issue?
Can you force an Echo Show and an Echo Spot to connect to the US account when registering them?

The issue might be that I'm using the same email address for my account on the FR and US websites. Creating a new account for the US marketplace with a different email address is not a solution as I don't want to repay for Prime / Music Unlimited.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 12:38:40 pm by romaino »

dragon123

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2018, 06:01:25 am »
Same issue here, with 2 Echo devices showing offline in my app, and same root cause I think: some of the devices are linked to my account but on another marketplace (FR).
I tried accessing alexa.amazon.fr, but I keep being redirected to alexa.amazon.com where these 2 devices appear offline.
No luck with either the US or FR version of the iOS Alexa app.

Have you been able to solve this issue?
Can you force an Echo Show and an Echo Spot to connect to the US account when registering them?

The issue might be that I'm using the same email address for my account on the FR and US websites. Creating a new account for the US marketplace with a different email address is not a solution as I don't want to repay for Prime / Music Unlimited.

If you cannot reset the devices yourself and link them correctly, I believe you need to ask amazon support for a fix, to set all your devices to the same account.