Echo & Alexa Forums

Bluetooth Speakers Disconnect Right Away

Dighairrr

Bluetooth Speakers Disconnect Right Away
« on: January 27, 2018, 04:01:59 pm »
I am having trouble with ANY bluetooth speaker staying connected to ANY Echo Dot.
Tried 2 different Dots and 2 different Speakers, all do the same thing.

First if I just tell Alexa to pair it says cannot find anything and then says there is a problem pairing.
I then go into the Alexa app and can pair that way. Says it is paired and does have sound coming from BT speaker. Seems all is well until I say Alexa and then disconnects. I tell alexa to connect to the speaker, as previously told during initial connection, however it is not and Alexa says she is already connected to that particular speaker....

I have tried both Bose Soundlink Mini II and Big Jambox several times. I have cleared the device list etc on both speakers and restarted process on the Alexa app with the same thing happening..

Anyone else having this problem? I have tried changing the channel on my Wifi same deal...I read somewhere to change from 2.4ghz to 5 but my router does not have that ability (Stock from Windstream)

po0oley

Re: Bluetooth Speakers Disconnect Right Away
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 05:01:04 pm »
I am getting the exact same issue? JBL Flip3 keeps turning losing connection.
i have tried it on both 2.4ghz and 5 but both the same?

Dighairrr

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 09:59:01 am »
I checked and BOTH speakers I am trying to use are listed under the Certified Bluetooth Speakers list on Amazon.
Kinda hard to believe we are the only ones experiencing this issue.

Dighairrr

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 10:07:44 am »
Ok figured this out. Seems Multi-room audio disables bluetooth. Apparently there is some delay using bluetooth speakers when playing everywhere.
Oh well have to use 3.5 Jack

po0oley

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 04:03:03 pm »
I noticed that with multi room, hopefully they will fix that with one of the future updates?

Mine is also losing connection when connected to the echo dot alone? when i connect it to the echo plus it works fins for as long as i want, as soon as i switch it over to the echo dot is goes intermittent? very strange? it is a brand new dot, i am thinking of returning it as it may be faulty???

po0oley

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 06:02:14 pm »
Well, i took it back today, got a replacement and now everything is working fine. it stays connected and everything.