Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Bluetooth Speakers Disconnect Right Away

Bluetooth Speakers Disconnect Right Away
« on: January 27, 2018, 04:01:59 pm »
I am having trouble with ANY bluetooth speaker staying connected to ANY Echo Dot.
Tried 2 different Dots and 2 different Speakers, all do the same thing.

First if I just tell Alexa to pair it says cannot find anything and then says there is a problem pairing.
I then go into the Alexa app and can pair that way. Says it is paired and does have sound coming from BT speaker. Seems all is well until I say Alexa and then disconnects. I tell alexa to connect to the speaker, as previously told during initial connection, however it is not and Alexa says she is already connected to that particular speaker....

I have tried both Bose Soundlink Mini II and Big Jambox several times. I have cleared the device list etc on both speakers and restarted process on the Alexa app with the same thing happening..

Anyone else having this problem? I have tried changing the channel on my Wifi same deal...I read somewhere to change from 2.4ghz to 5 but my router does not have that ability (Stock from Windstream)

Re: Bluetooth Speakers Disconnect Right Away
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 05:01:04 pm »
I am getting the exact same issue? JBL Flip3 keeps turning losing connection.
i have tried it on both 2.4ghz and 5 but both the same?

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 09:59:01 am »
I checked and BOTH speakers I am trying to use are listed under the Certified Bluetooth Speakers list on Amazon.
Kinda hard to believe we are the only ones experiencing this issue.

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 10:07:44 am »
Ok figured this out. Seems Multi-room audio disables bluetooth. Apparently there is some delay using bluetooth speakers when playing everywhere.
Oh well have to use 3.5 Jack

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 04:03:03 pm »
I noticed that with multi room, hopefully they will fix that with one of the future updates?

Mine is also losing connection when connected to the echo dot alone? when i connect it to the echo plus it works fins for as long as i want, as soon as i switch it over to the echo dot is goes intermittent? very strange? it is a brand new dot, i am thinking of returning it as it may be faulty???

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 06:02:14 pm »
Well, i took it back today, got a replacement and now everything is working fine. it stays connected and everything.