Echo & Alexa Forums

Poll

How many of us have an Alexa TV device as the PRIMARY TV in the home?

HD FireTV Stick with Alexa
2 (66.7%)
4K FireTV with Alexa
0 (0%)
Element FireTV Edition (all sizes)
1 (33.3%)
Westinghouse FireTV Edition (all sizes)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Alexa and FireTV's

t2jock

Alexa and FireTV's
« on: January 25, 2018, 04:47:14 pm »
The real question is are there enough users with these devices to support a separate forum for just this category of devices?  As things stand now as user has to hunt thru all of the various forums looking for TV specific information.

mike27oct

Re: Alexa and FireTV's
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 01:00:07 am »
Perhaps there is a need for a specific forum.  Although, asking Alexa to do some simple task on a Fire TV, is kind of a no-brainer, there are more and more complicated and involved tasks already that require a focus on Alexa and the Fire TV.

For example, incorporating the Alexa Plex skill to work seamlessly with ALexa commands to Plex app on FireTV to play one's own home-stored media on the Fire TV.  This is very cool and handy, and I have it basically working, but I have hit some snags where I need help.  I currently am involved in a discussion about this on the forum.  I will give you the link so you see an example and maybe are able to pitch in. As you read it, you will see a link by me asking for help last month that no one replied to. If you click on that link and can help, I would appreciate it.

http://www.echotalk.org/index.php/topic,3463.0.html